Financing New Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Financing New Wheels

Hey im trying to get some new wheels and i want to make a good quality buy,
however im trying to finance them theres no way that i can pay 4000+ for some rims up front...i just got my coupe like 3 weeks ago

i checked on Tirerack.com and i was thinking about using that Billmelater service. however it seems that most people on this forum think the wheels on there are pretty cheap.

can anyone please tell me some sites that offer Billmelater or who have their own financing options? has anyone financed rims elsewhere? or can anyone point me to a store where i can finance some new wheels? i plan to pay this off within a year so the interest rate doesnt have to be amazing...just reasonable. im in new york so any local stores that finance please let me know

thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Get a 0% APR credit card and pay it off before your rate jumps.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 PM
i really dont want to get another credit card though, knowing myself im just gonna continue to use it and fill it up with other things..i just want to get these rims and have them on an account where i cant put other stuff..

anyone who knows any other options please let me know...

Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jayizratedx
i really dont want to get another credit card though, knowing myself im just gonna continue to use it and fill it up with other things..i just want to get these rims and have them on an account where i cant put other stuff..

anyone who knows any other options please let me know...
do you do this with your other credit cards? maybe you should get your finances straight first. wheels are just wheels.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:29 PM
my other credit cards are all on zero...at the moment...but like i said knowing myself...if charge one thing to any of those its like a bad chain reaction lol i wont be able to stop

na but all jokes aside...yea i can do it with a credit card but i just wanna know what other options are out there. im just trying to protect myself from my own bad habits...its pretty much jsut a psyhchological thing..i would be more pressed to pay off the wheels if they had an account i couldnt do anything else with

Old 06-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If you already have issues with credit cards, financing wheels is NOT a good idea, live with the stocks and save up at least half of the money before putting it on an existing credit card and paying it of within a month or two.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
dont live beyond your means......it will only hurt you in the future

Old 06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by SilverII
dont live beyond your means......it will only hurt you in the future

lol man im 22...and im on my way to law school...i still got like 4 more years of school left...by the time i start makin some serious dough ill be like 27 probably married and with a family.... and most likely not driving a sports coupe lol **** god forbid i have to drive some **** like a minivan or some station wagon and **** lol ....hence i am defintily living it up with this ride and puttin some 20's on this bad boy financed or not lol

i have the means...i just dont have the patience lol

Old 06-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe you should look into buying some used wheels. Look in the marketplace section here and on my350z. You can get some really nice wheels for a lot less than buying them brand new. Unless you can do a 90 days same as cash deal or a credit card with 0% apr (like others have suggested) and pay it off within a couple of months, DO NOT finance wheels cuz you are just gonna end up costing yourself a lot of money and probably pay a lot more than what they are worth. Just my $0.02.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
ok thanks i appreciate all the advice...seems like financing is defiitly not the way to go...

i guess the best option is to get another credit card...buy the wheels and just cut it up so i wont use it ...

ill definitly take a look in the marketplace...thanks again

Old 06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by jayizratedx
ok thanks i appreciate all the advice...seems like financing is defiitly not the way to go...

i guess the best option is to get another credit card...buy the wheels and just cut it up so i wont use it ...

ill definitly take a look in the marketplace...thanks again
what kind of budget are you looking at? for just wheels?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by apt2189
what kind of budget are you looking at? for just wheels?
i honestly havent decided yet

i made another post regarding the diffrence between great wheel brands and the average brands

im mostly looking for an upgrade in how my car looks. i personally like how the Avarus AV3 and Alot of the Maya rims look.

if the Avarus AV3 offers equal or comparable performance to the stock rims...i will go with those

one Maya rim costs the same as a whole set of Avarus...so i imagine there must be a huge jump in quality...but like i said unless if the average wheels will decrease th performance of my stock wheels...im not looking to spend that much at this moment.

my main priority is looks and im very satisfied with stock performance...any recomendations?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM
you'll have plenty of time to live it up after law school...this is just the beginning....trust me! good luck.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by superdds
you'll have plenty of time to live it up after law school...this is just the beginning....trust me! good luck.
+1!!

There is plenty of time enjoy your car bro.