Coilover Kit/Sway Bar/Camber Kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coilover Kit/Sway Bar/Camber Kit?

I am going to drop my '07 G next week and need to order parts. I was thinking about purchasing the Tein CS coilover kit. Is this a good choice? For the sway bar kit, I've heard the Stillen adjustable kit is very good. Lastly, I have heard SPC rear camber kit is good but Stillen also makes a kit. Which one is better? I am hoping to drop the vehicle an inch in the front and a inch and a half in the rear. Do I need the front camber kit as well?

I know much has been written in the suspension forum and I have tried to read as much as I can. Please help with as much information as possible.

Thank you in advance,
B

Old 07-03-2007, 10:18 AM
yes you will need a camber kit for tht much of a drop.

Stillen is good, no doubt, but they have a problem with pricing. Overpriced.

The SPC kit was JUST released as a new design, I ordered it, front and rear.

For sways I was torn between Hotckis and Stillen. I went with Stillen for no particular reason. They are great quality but so are the Hotchkis.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
IMO get a ride in a car with TEIN CS before you make your purchase. It'll be bouncyer then your current sports suspension.. Try it out before you purchase. If you want a coilover set thats similar to the ride quality of stock then HKS RS Coilovers or TEIN Basics are the way to go (personal experience with both).

Stillen Makes a rear camber arms but after looking at the SPC arms the SPCs are more adjustable and better designed. its up to you tho. but IMO SPC arms with Toe Bolts are the way to go. I'm currently running SPC Bolts in rear Toe & Camber w/SPC arms. +1 for Stillen Sways IMO its perfect for a stock type setup and enough adjustability =).. many of the guys track prefer hotckis tho. Hotckis comes with bushings brackets for the rear that the stillen does not.

As far as front goes I have 350EVO arms and love them but there are guys with SPC that love them as well..

I know you'll need a camber/toe kit for the rear.. I dont know about the front (i had the arms and coils installed at the same time)

- Eric

Old 07-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
IMO get a ride in a car with TEIN CS before you make your purchase. It'll be bouncyer then your current sports suspension.. Try it out before you purchase. If you want a coilover set thats similar to the ride quality of stock then HKS RS Coilovers or TEIN Basics are the way to go (personal experience with both).

Stillen Makes a rear camber arms but after looking at the SPC arms the SPCs are more adjustable and better designed. its up to you tho. but IMO SPC arms with Toe Bolts are the way to go. I'm currently running SPC Bolts in rear Toe & Camber w/SPC arms. +1 for Stillen Sways IMO its perfect for a stock type setup and enough adjustability =).. many of the guys track prefer hotckis tho. Hotckis comes with bushings brackets for the rear that the stillen does not.

As far as front goes I have 350EVO arms and love them but there are guys with SPC that love them as well..

I know you'll need a camber/toe kit for the rear.. I dont know about the front (i had the arms and coils installed at the same time)

- Eric
Since 03, I havn't heard anyone mention that the Tein CS system deliver's bounce, let alone more bounce then oem. However, with the CS setup you rode in, what did the owner have the dampners set to and do you recall what tire setup the car had?

Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee

- Eric
Thank you for the information. I have heard about the SPC camber kit a couple of times now and drivers are happy with them (and I guess there is an updated model, too...). I don't think the basics go down in the rear far enough (I am looking for a 1.5 inch drop in the rear) but I would like to save the money and go with the basics. I don't mind the rough ride, but I don't want a bouncy ride.

Should I install the coilover kit and rear camber kit and sway kit and try to align it before I purchase the front camber kit?

B

Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good question....I'm thinking of Tein Basics with rear camber kit, but not sure if I would need a front kit as well. Drop would be minimal, maybe an inch or inch and a half.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anybody have any other camber kits besides spc. I heard the megan ones work fine but no one has them. Also any opinions on cusco swaybars?

Old 07-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I have almost that exact same setup, TEIN Basic's, Stillen Sways, and the SPC rear and I could not be more happier. It looks sick and I love the ride. Go for the basics

Old 07-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have HKS LS+ coilovers on mine. I have the car slammed and it still rides almost as good as stock.

i had to import them directly from Japan though, wasnt cheap. But if you're looking for an aggressive drop with minimal bounce, they are an excellent choice.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Canadian
I have almost that exact same setup, TEIN Basic's, Stillen Sways, and the SPC rear and I could not be more happier. It looks sick and I love the ride. Go for the basics
Got a pic of your drop? How much did you drop your coupe? Didn't need a camber kit for the front? How's your alignment after the drop? I was looking to buy the same exact setup so i am curious.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
how much in USD was your setup????

Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have this same set-up and have no regrets. The handling characteristics has improved 2 fold.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I have tein flex with edfc, spc camber kit and I am thinking of getting the stillen bars

Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Guam671
how much in USD was your setup????
I paid just over $1700 for tein basic, stillen sway, and SPC front and rear camber kits.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bsimas
I paid just over $1700 for tein basic, stillen sway, and SPC front and rear camber kits.
Wow...thanks...now i gotta start saving!