Richie STrut Bar Install HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richie STrut Bar Install HELP!

i need some help. for some reason the strut bar installation was a disaster. everything went well until the installation of the actual bar. it almost seemed to tough to position the bar to line up the holes. i had to use a wrench to lever the bar into place.

after tightening the allen wrench bolts, everything looked good and i was pondering over the amount of space between the plenum (without cover. i also have a 5/16 md spacer), which seemed to be a lot. so i attempt to slowly lower the hood and it looked good until trying to lock the hood down, it appeared tough to do, there ended up being a bulge on each side of the hood. so i was like damn... the bolts weren't all the way down.

so i tried to unloosen the bolts and reposition the bar, which i couldn't get down anymore. i next wanted to remove the bar entirely, leave the brackets and think about elongating the mounting holes later. i got one nut off of the driver's side bolt then i tried to get the passenger's side loose. no luck.

there was so much tension/compression on the mounting points from the bar that the passenger side bolt bound and as of right now i cannot remove the nut from the bolt. it's definitely threaded beyond belief. i used an 8 inch long wrench and a pretty long allen wrench and it wouldn't budge. i basically now need to cut the bolt with a hand saw but that'll be tough also because there is hardly any room with the washer and lock washer. the bar is just sitting in my engine compartment loose.

richie, i need to get a couple of new bolt/washer/lock washer/nut combos. basically two more. the driver side bolt also got a little threaded while backing the nut out. also any advise to this problem? i followed the instructions exactly.

what should have taken no more than half an hour ended up being 2 hours and still no completion. anyone else had this much trouble with the installation? i'm in need of some advise. i was soooo excited to install this tonight and take a test drive.

so sad...

Old 07-18-2007, 11:13 AM
dont give up man things happen all the time.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Kaloman,

Check your PM. Sorry for all the trouble but we'll get you all setup and running shortly.

Remember there are always little bugs/fixes when it comes to modding.

- Richie

Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the strut bar should be in the lowest position. i had to pry the bar into the bracket with a wrench but that was it. good luck.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't worry bro, Richie will take care of you.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 AM
yup, Richie pm'd me right away. i'm very satisfied with shipping and customer service. i'm also very excited that many have been extremely satisfied with this product! i can't wait to jump on the bandwagon!