How do I adjust ride height with teins Coil overs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How do I adjust rear ride height with teins Coil overs?

TITLE SHOULD SAY REAR OOPS

Just installed a set of tein mono flex coil overs with EDFC over the weekend. I set everything per teins paper work. The car rides amazing and the EDFC is awesome! The owner will be leaving the car at the height I have it. But I'm just curious how you actually adjust ride height in the rear. I think its the spring my buddy thinks its the shock like the front. That just doesnt seem right to me. Can someone clear this up for me THANKS

Last edited by denverinfiniti; 08-13-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
TITLE SHOULD SAY REAR OOPS

Just installed a set of tein mono flex coil overs with EDFC over the weekend. I set everything per teins paper work. The car rides amazing and the EDFC is awesome! The owner will be leaving the car at the height I have it. But I'm just curious how you actually adjust ride height in the rear. I think its the spring my buddy thinks its the shock like the front. That just doesnt seem right to me. Can someone clear this up for me THANKS

You adjust rear height buy adjusting the rear spring seat or spanner as some will call it up or down.

Since the Mono flex has full height adjustablity that allow's you to adjust the length of the dampners, you will also adjust the length of the rear dampners so that you are maintaining proper piston stoke. Buy also adjusting the length of the rear dampners your also keeping the sam average rear spring preload applied.

Of course this is different from the front where you adjust height by changing the length of the dampners only. You do NOT adjust front height by the springs since you only want to apply enough preload to keep the springs seated when the suspension is unladen (or the weight of the car is not on the suspension).

Last edited by Gsedan35; 08-13-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok THANKS thats what I thought. The fronts are easy to figure out. The rears just a little decieving