G35's Handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so can someone tell me what a good suspension set up is? ive been tryna get this question answered for the longest time, but failed. i have an stock 07 6spd G coupe and wanted to lower it, but i heard you cant jus get springs cuz itll mess up the other stock parts in the long run and you need other aftermarket suspension parts not just springs. so i was wondering whats a good suspension set up for someone who wants to drop it around 1.5. if i just get springs eventually some of my stock suspension parts will give out right? jus need more help in this area

Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get some springs with a mild drop and some tokico shocks, sway bars of your choice, GT spec chassis braces, and a front stut bar.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
get some springs with a mild drop and some tokico shocks, sway bars of your choice, GT spec chassis braces, and a front stut bar.
THANK YOU!

but now can you take it one step forward and give me a good set up with naming off the brands etc. thanks man

Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by sliq
hm.. now that i think about it.. it might actually be cuz my seat is leaned back haha and i feel like im slipping outta my seat.
You can't be a wannabe pimp and a decent driver at the same time.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:01 PM
First, this thread began as "why doesn't my G corner as good as a Scion?" It does and MUCH BETTER.

Now it has become about upgrading it so it will corner better than a Scion. Ridiculous!

Before you invest tons of money in suspension parts that WILL NOT improve your driving skill, invest in your driving skill first. I know this comes across as me being an ***hole... but this much is true: Take a real sport/track driving course and you will become amazed at what your car can do and what you can do with your car. THEN, if you find that you are able to properly push the car to it's limits, upgrading the suspension will extend those limits and allow you to do more. Besides, a course with good instructors is a blast and you will be able to drive better than all your Scion driving friends.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by The_Scooch
First, this thread began as "why doesn't my G corner as good as a Scion?" It does and MUCH BETTER.

Now it has become about upgrading it so it will corner better than a Scion. Ridiculous!

Before you invest tons of money in suspension parts that WILL NOT improve your driving skill, invest in your driving skill first. I know this comes across as me being an ***hole... but this much is true: Take a real sport/track driving course and you will become amazed at what your car can do and what you can do with your car. THEN, if you find that you are able to properly push the car to it's limits, upgrading the suspension will extend those limits and allow you to do more. Besides, a course with good instructors is a blast and you will be able to drive better than all your Scion driving friends.

Very good post. I second this.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
US Marine Corps Reserve
Originally Posted by The_Scooch

Absolute prose, Scooch. Shame on me for not thinking along these more specific lines to begin with. Some specific suggestions for learning for the OP.

http://www.skipbarber.com/driving_sc...ng_school.aspx <-- probably the best few hundred $$ you can spend on a mod. And one of the very few "mods" you can take with you from car to car.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sliq
does any of you feel that your G35 cant quite handle as well as you expected? i have a 07 G35 coupe 6spd and i feel like i cant pull corners as hard and fast as i think my car can. my friend has a tC and he said he pulled a corner at 40 and for some reason when i try and pull the corner at 40 i dont think the G can. feels like im gonna lose traction. anyone have any tips or advice on this?

sorry to bring this back up, but i just had to say before i had my g35sedan i had a tc, worst handling car ever! After i put on tein ss ,tanabe FSB and trd swaybars that thing handled as good as my accord stock. i cant beleive i gave up my turbo teg for that thing.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Street racing = not a good idea
Wanting to race but not changine suspension = not a good idea
Losing to a TC = PRICELESS

Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 AM
the G coupe is an awesome handling machine. It has a pretty extreme handling limit. I took mine out to the track and pushed it to 99% of its limit. For stock it handled incredible. I had no problem keeping up with $130k Porsches (I was out with the Porsche club), even in the tight chicane.

Comfortable handling has a lot to do with driving skills. Even on the street, knowing how to enter and exit a turn properly will have a large impact on how your car feels through the turn. Braking makes a difference too. If you're braking in the middle of a turn, it will upset the car balance and it will feel bad to you.

I would advise going out to your local track with a SCCA club or something. Have an experienced driver ride with you and give you tips. You'll learn a lot.
<p>
Name:  IMG_0956.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  132.1 KB
<p>
Name:  IMG_0961.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  113.0 KB

DONT TRY LEARNING THIS STUFF ON THE STREET>

Have fun

Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 PM