Opinions please, A-arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much were u drop? more than an inch?

Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
For those still having problems, please PM us. We have sold over 100 sets of these to you guys

Eddie

Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I've heard some people are not having issues and still some others are. I was one who had issues. Took my damn TEIN Basics off thinking they were responsible, put the stock suspension back with the SPC front kit on and still had the issue. Removed the SPC front kit and put Eiback Pro-Kit on and issue was gone.

Besides, we could see very, very clearly where the SPC a-arms were hitting.

Anyway, I'll let ya'll know how the 350evo arms work out. I feel confident they'll be great.

Last edited by lekker_droom; 11-14-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
they prob send u the old version lol... because 1 inch drop they are certain no problems at all.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
cusco , work great , no issue, like stock

Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
This knocking, what exactly is it and when does it happen?

I am in the market for some A-arms since I have a 1.1" drop and want to get the best kind...

Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tjlazer
This knocking, what exactly is it and when does it happen?

I am in the market for some A-arms since I have a 1.1" drop and want to get the best kind...
The knocking is the a-arm hitting the metal inner fenders. I would pick up the cusco or ichiba arms for that mild drop, they can get you ~.5 degrees of camber correction which should be enough to minimize your wear.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by redlude97
The knocking is the a-arm hitting the metal inner fenders. I would pick up the cusco or ichiba arms for that mild drop, they can get you ~.5 degrees of camber correction which should be enough to minimize your wear.
Why go with Cusco or Ichiba? we sell Cusco but would never recomend it over the SPC. With a 1.1" drop, you can try maxing out your stock alignment components and seeing if your close to spec or pickup the revised version of the SPC Camber kits.

The knocking will only happen if your drop is very low and the spring rates are low/weak. We always recomend H&R/Eibach or any item thats engineered correctly for its purpose. Im sorry, but, the Tanabe springs drop the car way too much with too low of a spring rate. I know they want to give you "an agressive look", but they are giving you dangerous suspension. This applies to Tein as well. Everyone who calls about suspension hears me rant on that Tein is a company based on marketing, not racing. Their basics/ss/flex all knocked with the old version because of the spring rates put on a race based coilover.

I can go on about this day in and day out. Ive been SCCA racing for quite some time, and have worked in development of suspension with PIC Performance Group. We are extremely picky when it comes to suspension and recomending products. Cusco is a no go. Never heard of Ichiba.

I know most vendors will say something good about each product, but this is a forum, and its to transpire advice between each other honestly. This is our honesty.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by THMotorsports
Why go with Cusco or Ichiba? we sell Cusco but would never recomend it over the SPC. With a 1.1" drop, you can try maxing out your stock alignment components and seeing if your close to spec or pickup the revised version of the SPC Camber kits.

The knocking will only happen if your drop is very low and the spring rates are low/weak. We always recomend H&R/Eibach or any item thats engineered correctly for its purpose. Im sorry, but, the Tanabe springs drop the car way too much with too low of a spring rate. I know they want to give you "an agressive look", but they are giving you dangerous suspension. This applies to Tein as well. Everyone who calls about suspension hears me rant on that Tein is a company based on marketing, not racing. Their basics/ss/flex all knocked with the old version because of the spring rates put on a race based coilover.

I can go on about this day in and day out. Ive been SCCA racing for quite some time, and have worked in development of suspension with PIC Performance Group. We are extremely picky when it comes to suspension and recomending products. Cusco is a no go. Never heard of Ichiba.

I know most vendors will say something good about each product, but this is a forum, and its to transpire advice between each other honestly. This is our honesty.
Many people have had issues with the SPC's at ~1" drop. Look up the specs on the RSR's, the springrates are near stock rates so I don't know why you went on a tangent about Tein and Tanabe, since those aren't the springs in question. Lets face it, the SPC design has been flawed from the beginning, its the only arm on the market that knocks consistently. If you need the adjustability that the SPC offers without the spacers, then there are better options IE SPL, 350evo, Stillen. For half the adjustment, cusco's are very popular, and the Ichiba's seem to be exact copies. Almost everyone with the SPC's doesn't seem to be completely satisfied with them, which is why I didn't recommend them

Old 11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Thus far after the revision, I have seen less problems to no problems at all. The SPC were originally designed for the 350z and altered to fit the G35. Im still waiting for our customers to tell us we have issues with the kit. I'll keep you guys updated.

As well, the problems with 1" drops are minimal in terms of knocking. The 350z evo arms are a simple design that does not allow a knock but a high price tag. Cusco's cost about the same but do not do the correct adjustments if you ever decide to change the suspension.

I am currently in talks with SPC to see if anything else can be done, but their engineers are pretty set on this design. Dont forget, SPC supplies to Eibach for race based products. There is not that much room in error with an account so large (although some still exists)

Last edited by THMotorsports; 11-15-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:17 PM
two of the people in this thread with the revised arms have experienced knocking on g35's. If they are only good on drops less than ~1.2", then having 1 degree of positive adjustment isn't that necessary. IMO, that puts the SPC arms no man's land. Their ability to adjust up to 1 degree of extra positive camber isn't really necessary until you get below 1.5", but that is the point that they knock consistently. So their application is limited to those few who have a mild drop who want almost no negative camber in the front.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
My spring rates are 345/417 which is very close to stock sport suspention. I am waiting the 2 weeks before I get an alignment to see how bad the camber will be. I did have one "pop" sound when I hit a dip in the road pretty hard so this must be the A arm hitting something. I am thinking about getting some Cusco A-arms, any issues with them?

Old 11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
What kind of springs are you running?

Eddie

Old 11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Well thmotorsports just sold me a spc, they guarantee no problems with my eibach set up, i should get the camber kit soon and i will def post my results back.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
RS*R Down 350Z linear springs .6”/.6” drop, on 350Z G35 drops will be higher
Spring rates in LBS 345/417

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions please, A-arms