HELP! mad scraping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! mad scraping

hi, i just got my G a week ago and i just realized how annoying it is to drive around my school's parking lot and other driveways. for me, the car is too low, i can clear the front bumper no problem, but when i'm half way over the bumper, i believe it's kinda scraping the metal underneath my car, which hurts everytime i hear it is my rear too low? that's why its scraping the metal? i feel like if i'm not lucky one day, i'll end up like a seesaw on the bump.

so anyway after searching around the forum, i believe the 350z h-tech are a mild drop compared to the stock, and i might not need a camber kit, my question is, how much higher is the h-tech springs compared to the one i have right now? (i dunno what i have lol, i bought it like this). if the h-tech springs wont do the job, should i go back to stock?

here are some pictures i took in a hurry with a cell phone, so its kinda crappy, but i hope you guys can help me out cuz its really bothering me. thank you!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Are you scraping over the speedbumps in the parking lot? If so take the at an angle, not straight on. Mine is lowered too and basically thats the only way to make it over without scraping. Just go slow. And sometimes you just can't avoid it. I've scraped quite a few times and so far no problems. Just the price you pay to drive around lowered lol, but its worth it IMO. Nothing like the sound of bottoming out / scraping to make you cringe though lol.

-Stephen

Oh, here's a couple pics of my car to give you an idea of how low I am in comparison.

Last edited by ShadowG35; 11-20-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
yeah im on the eibach prokit and im having the same prob. =\ just go over speed bumps REALLY slowly. haha but as far as driveways...im still trying to figure it out....i scrape ALOT...if u find out a way to get aorund it..please let me know. =] haha take care and gl. (btw...i think its worth it..being lowered =]..haha i love the look)

Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Funny, I never see owners wanting to increase ground clearance by raising oem ride height? Oems tests with standard street bumps and curbs -redesigning suspension always has some downsides.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Get air bags and you won't have to worry about ride height anymore

Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Funny, I never see owners wanting to increase ground clearance by raising oem ride height? Oems tests with standard street bumps and curbs -redesigning suspension always has some downsides.
I think he said he's not OEM. He bought his car used and has aftermarket springs but just doesn't know which ones.

I have the 350z Tein H-Techs. I can go over speed bumps (very very slowly but at least head on). I can't see your pictures anymore, they aren't showing so I can't tell how low your car is...

MOOGS answer is a good one but a costly one!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by ShadowG35
Are you scraping over the speedbumps in the parking lot? If so take the at an angle, not straight on. Mine is lowered too and basically thats the only way to make it over without scraping. Just go slow. And sometimes you just can't avoid it. I've scraped quite a few times and so far no problems. Just the price you pay to drive around lowered lol, but its worth it IMO. Nothing like the sound of bottoming out / scraping to make you cringe though lol.

-Stephen

Oh, here's a couple pics of my car to give you an idea of how low I am in comparison.

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/ShadowG35/G35001.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/ShadowG35/DSCF0049.jpg[/IMG
What is your setup?
I love your stance. Are those 20's or 19's?

Old 03-18-2008, 08:03 PM
wow i can't believe this post is still up, well i finally figured what springs i had when i changed them to the h-techs, they're eibach sportline, the rear was too low so i kept on scraping the metal

here's another pic of the front on sportlines:

here's my car now dropped on h-techs:
the rear is higher than the sportlines and i'm happy with it since i can actually drive my car normally over bumps and parking lot entrances.