03 front end pull to the right cant be aligned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 front end pull to the right cant be aligned?

I've had my 03 in a 3 times to try to Diag the pull to the right. Even took it to an independant who specializes in high end hard to align vehicles.

First; I'm told only one of 3 geometries in the fron end is adjustable. Other two are factory set, so alignment perse, is not adjustable.

The front end was just within normal tolerances the 1st measure, and seems to be migrating worse over time. Under close scrupulous investigation, there's no sign of previous impact damage or repairs. my cars got 45k miles.

The best recommendation was to check tires, or for brake drag. I had new tires / wheels, and a brake job done. No better.

I took it to the dealer for a 2nd look, no luck. Now a month and a half after the 1st alignment, I took it back to the first guy to look at again and the front end tolerances have migrated slightly worse.

???

Any body out there had similar alignment difficulties, found any HTF soltions?

Thx, David

Old 04-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
What he told you was correct, only one parameter (toe in) is adjustable. Does it pull the same on all surfaces? Remember the road has a crown that tends to make cars pull to the right.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
toe is the only thing that should make the car pull to a side. So if the toe is adjustable any alignment shop should be able to fix that issue.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Question

Yep, same on all surfaces? I hate to wear out my new tires prematurely...

The guy suggested I take it to a frame shop to make sure it lines up square, but that sounds crazy to me. As I said; I, my buddies, and even the guy that owns the alignment shop gave it a hard look and "Under close scrupulous investigation, there's no sign of previous impact damage or repairs" He says he's stumped.

I bought the car (as the second owner), with 19K off the Mercedes Dlr trade In Lot, next door to The Infiniti Dlr that sold the car to the 1st owner. I got all the original owners service records.

I asked him to look over bushings that could wear out of round, but he didn't see anything that alarmed him?

Thx for the responses, mabye they'll generate a rousing discussion and keep the thread read. David

Last edited by OldSchoolRodz; 04-03-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I have seen this happen before. Swap front tires. I know that they are directional, but do it. It may be a tire problem. If it stops or goes to the left, you have your answer. If not and it goes to the right. It's the frame. Get someone to drive behind you and look to see if it's "crab walking" to the side. If the front tires are tracking different than the rear, you can see it easy. However, I had a truck that did that (after a wreck) and they still make it drive straight.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Didn't the guy who aligned the car do a four-wheel alignment? If not, get one done. The lasers will tell you if your frame is bent far better than any visual inspection.

+1 on the tire thing. Did it pull to the right with the old tires? The pull to the right is my indication that I need new tires. If you just put new ones on and this is happening, you could have a bad tire.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sliderg35
Didn't the guy who aligned the car do a four-wheel alignment? If not, get one done. The lasers will tell you if your frame is bent far better than any visual inspection.
+10000

Originally Posted by sliderg35
+1 on the tire thing. Did it pull to the right with the old tires? The pull to the right is my indication that I need new tires. If you just put new ones on and this is happening, you could have a bad tire.
Stupid easy question: is one of your front tires low on air pressure? Imbalance can cause "pulling."

Trending Topics

Old 04-03-2008, 06:38 PM
No Stupid questions! That should be a Duh, I'll check that too!

That would be a bummer since he centered the steering wheel to compensate for the pull right...

In a simple world you would be right, In my world nuttin is ever simple... N thats gotta be about me! D.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 AM
i have the same issue..only my car pulls to the left. checking it out this weekend.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 AM
I have had the same problem with my car pulling to the right too. I have an 03 G cpe as well and orginaly there was a TSB regarding the "compression rod" if I am remembering correctly. It was failing prematurely and causing my car to pull the right too.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Thumbs up You are the King of my Court

That could be the million dollar answer! I've been getting the runaround, at least it's a good lead. Thx David

Originally Posted by OG35Driver
I have had the same problem with my car pulling to the right too. I have an 03 G cpe as well and orginaly there was a TSB regarding the "compression rod" if I am remembering correctly. It was failing prematurely and causing my car to pull the right too.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
I had my Nexen N3000 tires (( 245/35/19 )) swapped out to Falken 452
(( 245/40/19 )) on the fronts and now my car is pulling to the right. This just happened yesterday. I'm very frustrated because my coupe was not doing that before I went into the shop.

I bought a tire pressure guage and all the pressure seems even but my car still pulls. What do you guys think is the issue? My TPMS light is not on either

Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I dont have any ideas for you, sorry... Sounds like tires.

The front ends on these early G35's seem a fickle bunch! Latest inmy saga to correct my front end pull was after having the compression rod changed out described in the Infinity Service Bulletin... No Change!

My dealer couldn't identify any ather wear that would explain the pull right, threw up his hands in frustration and sent it to a frame shop, even though my car's been pulling since 18K, currently 48K, and never been in an accident.

They seemed to believe they could tug one of the wheels into better Spec, and stop the pull? I however decided that was an inprecise rectification of the problem, and aborted. For now I'm living with the pull. Frustrating!

I guess I'm just gonna roll like that for now! David

Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Rodz, it has to be the tires. I went up there yesterday...the guys @ discount tire were like umm yeah looks like we didn't balance the front right tire after we put it on...we're going to go ahead and take care of that for you...I'm like excuse me.....????!! WTH

Anyway, after they finished the problem still hasn't gone away. When I called back, they're like yeah you may need an alignment. I'm like dude, first of all my car was NOT pulling until you guys put these Falken tires on my front end. Now I have to go back again to see if they can swap the tires back or something. I can't take it this is really pissing me off

I just want to enjoy my new car that's all but it seems like all this crap keeps getting in the way and I've already spent close to 600 just to get these damn tires (( sorry guys I have to vent ))

Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I just called the shop. They said they'd order another Falken tire to see if they can swap out one of them for me to correct the pulling issue. Hopefully my issue goes away because I'll be pretty pissed if it doesn't especially if its related to the tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03 front end pull to the right cant be aligned?