BC VS Stance Coilover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right now i have the eibach prokit and its ok...what is the rates on that?

Old 03-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So if ya had to recommend Stance or BC, which would it be?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by draco1020x
So if ya had to recommend Stance or BC, which would it be?
whoa, throwback thread revival!!

i haven't had personal experience with BC Coilovers but i have been using Stance coilovers for the past 3-4 years. i had them on my G35 and i have them on my E46 M3.

if i could do it all over again, i would still have gone with Stance. they are strong against the daily driven beatings and can still be tracked to the extreme. they have held up to many winters and lots of rain. Stance has engineered a great product.

the best part is that they also offer some trick rear camber arms. they also recently released their new XR line which i've been hearing great things about.

originally, i went with the GR+ Plus'. if you have the budget, i would go with the XRs and their new Camber arms.

all the best!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
lol can't blame him for the thread revival, he's been told to search....but yeah, we need someone to chime in that had personal experience with both coilovers.

We got BC owners(like myself) who's happy with their coils, and then we have Stance owners who's happy with their coils also.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:26 AM
What is the difference between true and oem coilovers?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by nijinskymb
What is the difference between true and oem coilovers?
For our cars the front is a true coil-over where the spring is over the shock...the rear in some cases/most is a "OEM" coilover where the spring sits on the stock perch. There is the "true' colilover where the spring and shock are combined for the rear of the g35.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by 4D05G35
For our cars the front is a true coil-over where the spring is over the shock...the rear in some cases/most is a "OEM" coilover where the spring sits on the stock perch. There is the "true' colilover where the spring and shock are combined for the rear of the g35.
Thanks man. One more question. which one is better overall?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by nijinskymb
Thanks man. One more question. which one is better overall?
It really depends what you are looking for. I have driven on both many times. Both are good coilovers....but they both deliver different things.

Off shelf...

BC's BR series are a great street coilover, and its a pretty good bang for the buck.

STANCE will offer more performance, drop, and predictability when pushing the car. Overall I also find stance to be quite smooth, but firm and sporty....but they will be more $$$ than the BC's.

hope that helps

Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by THMotorsports
It really depends what you are looking for. I have driven on both many times. Both are good coilovers....but they both deliver different things.

Off shelf...

BC's BR series are a great street coilover, and its a pretty good bang for the buck.

STANCE will offer more performance, drop, and predictability when pushing the car. Overall I also find stance to be quite smooth, but firm and sporty....but they will be more $$$ than the BC's.

hope that helps
Thank You!!! Jeez finally a useful freakin answer lol! Are you gettin Stance back in stock anytime soon?

Last edited by draco1020x; 03-29-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by draco1020x
Thank You!!! Jeez finally a useful freakin answer lol! Are you gettin Stance back in stock anytime soon?
No worries man

Unfortunately they sell out very fast. We are offering preorder specials as usual for those who want to commit to a set.

ETA is early May.

LMK if you guys have any questions about any of them...I will try to help as best as possible.

-Adam@THM

Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Begginer with coilovers.

I want to lower my car like an 1" all the way around with coilovers maybe BC or Stance. which would be better price wise, comfort wise. Does anyone know the full price for both separately with everything included?

Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1 inch only? ^^ for that get springs lol

Old 05-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Setko's-G35
I want to lower my car like an 1" all the way around with coilovers maybe BC or Stance. which would be better price wise, comfort wise. Does anyone know the full price for both separately with everything included?
I too recommend just springs, like the eibach prokit... but I'll give you my opinion on coils anyways.

Ride wise, by the book the BCs will ride better due to the lower spring rates (8k and 10k) but stance coils ride amazing in my opinion.

I think BCs can be had for about $900 shipped inside of the states, Stance are about $1200 shipped inside the states.

You'll need to have them installed if you're not up to it which is usually $200-$300 labor charge.

All that being said.

Stance.

Says in the first page, BCs are made in Taiwan, stance are made in Japan. Do you want the Infiniti? or the Kia?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
I too recommend just springs, like the eibach prokit... but I'll give you my opinion on coils anyways.

Ride wise, by the book the BCs will ride better due to the lower spring rates (8k and 10k) but stance coils ride amazing in my opinion.

I think BCs can be had for about $900 shipped inside of the states, Stance are about $1200 shipped inside the states.

You'll need to have them installed if you're not up to it which is usually $200-$300 labor charge.

All that being said.

Stance.

Says in the first page, BCs are made in Taiwan, stance are made in Japan. Do you want the Infiniti? or the Kia?
/thread

My stance (GR true) coils are apparently about to be shipped from THM given the tracking number that hit my email yesterday. Once installed and setup with the SPC camber (F/R) will definitely post pics and give my opinions on them as well though I have not had BC's.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
coils wouldn't be a bad choice for a 1" drop, most people who start out with that kind of drop end up dropping more and he will already have the hardware. Not to mention the increased performance of going with a coil setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BC VS Stance Coilover