last night = FAIL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last night = FAIL

so last night im driving home from a party and i make a left onto the street before i go into my neighborhood and out of no where a dog runs into the street. i move a little to the right only to see that the dog follows my path and at that moment i swerved not to hit it while stomping on my brakes and ended up going over the curb.
i feel like a douche. now i have the worlds largest curb on my front right rim, the steering wheel is now slightly to the right when the car is driving straight and the car is making a loud clicking noise as the car is rolling. now i need to determine what the hell is making the click noise. im scared i might have messed up my steering column because the curb was big and my car is pretty low which means i probably hit alot of **** underneath my car. the car doesnt make the noise when my steering wheel is turned to the left because i thought it had stopped making noise when i turned left into my driveway but as soon as i straightened out it started again. what could the noise be? i took off the rim and everything seems fine. im so angry any idea that anyone has is welcome. i really need to get this fixed. TIA

Old 02-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
For sure I'm no expert but I would want it on the hoist to have look underneath. I would find someone you TRUST, to inspect it. Good Luck, next time, run the dog over! Glad it wasn't a deer.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh you can be sure that the next dog that crosses paths with me is not getting the chance this dog got. i have to find someone because all the mechanics that i have met here in miami are idiots.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rim alone costs more than $500 so unless you have no insurance or an extreme deductable you should be calling them right away to report the incident.

Might want to leave the "I was driving home from a party" part out when you file the claim.