neeed hellpppp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
neeed hellpppp

yeah i didnt really get much of a response on the other thread i made but a friend of my dads came over to my house to check out the problem after i went up on the curb to avoid the dog. the clacking noise was coming from loose lug nuts i thought it was really strange but it worked.

a few days later, i start getting this noise when i let off the brake from a complete stop. it kind of sounds like the caliper is popping? i dont know if that makes sense but thats what it sounds like and you can feel it inside the car. it almost sounds like the caliper has trouble getting the pad off the rotor and just clicks off. it is only happening on the right side where i went up on the curb. i took off the tire and cant see anything wrong with anything but the actual rim. the noise ONLY happens when im in drive. if i pump the brake without moving, it doesnt make noise and it doesnt make noise when i go in reverse either.

The car also has another noise that sounds almost like something is loose in the front but i made sure to tighten all the bolts yesterday when i was checking everything out. could it be that i messed up the coiloveron the right side? the noise happens alot when i hit a bump while the wheel is turned. im sooo confused. im taking the car to a mechanic tomorrow but i jsut want to know what i can tell him are the possible problems. oh and my steering wheel is now tilted to the left side and the car pulls a little to the right. my front neighbor is a hobby mechanic and he told me that the problem there is most likely that one of the tie rods is bent. but when i got underneath the car, both tie rods looked the same. is this true? any help you guys can give will be muchhhhhhh appreciated. TIA

Old 02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
bump?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
so yeah i went to a friend's friend's shop today and he told me one of the reasons the front is rattling and shaking is due to a bad wheel bearing its gonna cost me 350 bucks for him to buy it, install it, adn fix the preloads on my front coilovers. once he has that done, he'll look at the other problems. im in for a longggg two weeks