Need some opionions on my BBK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Nice. Looks great.

But I highly suggest you invest in a set of jack stands.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Nice. Looks great.

But I highly suggest you invest in a set of jack stands.
I have a set, but was to lazy to use them. Plus I was only working on it for an hour and the jack is brand new. I just bought it today because it's a low profile that I can get under my car without having to drive up on boards.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I dunno, I was just looking out for your legs/ankles/knees etc.. Time isn't really a factor. It's the jack. I hope you don't change your oil with just jack because it takes less than a hour. Just be careful, that's all. I didn't even see a wheel chalk anywhere.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
They look good on the car!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I dunno, I was just looking out for your legs/ankles/knees etc.. Time isn't really a factor. It's the jack. I hope you don't change your oil with just jack because it takes less than a hour. Just be careful, that's all. I didn't even see a wheel chalk anywhere.
I know and thanks for looking out for me. With something like this that I don't need to be under the car I'm lazy enough not to use them, but if I physically had to be under the car then I would have used the jack stands.

As for the oil change I never do that myself. I can get it done either for free or for less then $30 at my dealer so it's not worth my time to do it myself.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Big Rob

Alliance Big Brake Kits: "BBK's so sexy, you'll wanna fist them!"
epic win. since the internet is a horrible nasty place anyways you may see that in an advertising line somewhere the future on the forums and on some webpages for alliance kits

Old 05-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by mikemjohnson
epic win. since the internet is a horrible nasty place anyways you may see that in an advertising line somewhere the future on the forums and on some webpages for alliance kits
So what do you think of them on my car Mike?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
i didnt say at first cause i figured you would think my opinion was biased but consider this picture:

from that distance you cant tell they're not a pure red

at this close, its obviously not red like your car paint is but that doesnt mean it looks bad and doesnt look to be any feminine color haha:

in this pic, you see his BBK. it looks good but it just blends in too much if you ask me, just like he said when he posted it

that being said i like it a lot, i think its a beautiful color, and for the 1 out of 100 times you look at your kit that it may look more pink because of a precise sunlight angle, you can see that people still think they're hot despite that from the posts in the thread.
so in short, i like them a lot, first time ive seen red actually on a red G or Z, they've all been on black cars with a red accent theme. you've now seen the powdercoated versions in that pic i sent you also for your consideration

Old 05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
do you need to buy a new brake booster or master cylinder for this type of bbk setup?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by biggz786786
do you need to buy a new brake booster or master cylinder for this type of bbk setup?
No not at all. The stock setup will work just fine.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by mikemjohnson
i didnt say at first cause i figured you would think my opinion was biased but consider this picture:

from that distance you cant tell they're not a pure red

at this close, its obviously not red like your car paint is but that doesnt mean it looks bad and doesnt look to be any feminine color haha:

that being said i like it a lot, i think its a beautiful color, and for the 1 out of 100 times you look at your kit that it may look more pink because of a precise sunlight angle, you can see that people still think they're hot despite that from the posts in the thread.
so in short, i like them a lot, first time ive seen red actually on a red G or Z, they've all been on black cars with a red accent theme. you've now seen the powdercoated versions in that pic i sent you also for your consideration
Well Mike I will say that the anodized finish gives the caliper a sexier look then the powder coat finish does. The powder coat just looks bland after seeing the anodized. I'm still on the fence, but after seeing it on my car I'm less bothered by the color then I was before. I'll make a final decision over the weekend. I keep looking at the high res pics on my 24" widescreen monitor trying to decide if I like it or not. LOL

Old 05-08-2009, 08:47 PM
lets trade screens and ill help you make the call haha. well let me know what decide, and we'll figure it out

Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Well after giving this a lot of thought over the weekend I think I'm going to keep them the color they are. I know they don't match my car the way I would like, but after looking at the other finishes I think these look the best. Hopefully I won't regret my decision down the road, but I don't think I will.

Thanks for all the opinions everyone.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
well they're a cute color anyway......

it looks very good IMO.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
they look good man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need some opionions on my BBK