Convert to OEM sport suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Convert to OEM sport suspension

I've looked through the various suspension threads. Often people are talking about lowering the car or going to non-OEM parts (or 350z/coupe parts for the sedan). So I didn't really find this. If it is covered in another thread, just let me know where.

I have an 06 sedan with the non-sport suspension. You get what you get when you buy used. But if I'd bought it new, I would have gotten the sport package. What are the impacts of me swapping to OEM sport springs and struts? I'm not really looking to drop the car as much as getting a more solid handling feel. But I'm really wanting to stay more OEM/G35 Sedan.

Also, I know the sport package had bigger wheels, some diffusers (maybe even a spoiler) and VSLD. These are all longer term conversions I'd eventually consider. Just wondering if there's any issues that I'd need to consider with swapping to the sport springs/struts.

Thanks

Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
No issues. The Sport springs/shocks are a lot firmer than the standard setup. I no longer have the shocks, but I'd be happy to sell you my Sport springs. If you want a mild .5" drop in the front, I'll sell you the coupe fronts and the sedan rears. Then you could buy either a used set of sport shocks or something new like the Tokico D-specs which will have some adjustability.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
yep everything will swap right in, you could probably find someone selling a low mileage set in the marketplace.

Alot of us went with 350Z and/or G coupe springs and shocks/struts to get a nice practical drop of about 1/2-1". We share the same platform as the Z and G35 coupe, so suspension components are interchangable. The springs/struts/shocks are still OEM quality and offer a similar ride to the OEM sport package, just lower. Heres a good thread to read up on if you havent yet:

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...nsion-pix.html