best brakes/place to install for 04 g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best brakes/place to install for 04 g35 coupe

Hey guys, I have a g35 coupe 04 Automatic. I went to NTB and they said my front brakes are almost gone, as well as my rotors. They said I need new front rotors and that they cant be cut because they are almost gone. They said by rear axel is fine.

My question is where is the place to for a good deal? NTB was charing about 500 for new brakes(with warranty) and new rotors only for the front axel. The dealership charges 550(i think total) for the same repair. I know that is ripoff, but the dealership says they use original infiniti parts, which got me thinking, what brake pads(what manufacturer/aftermarket company) should I put in there and what rotors(what manufacuter/aftermarket company?) Im not looking for high performance brakes, just brakes that are good and last a long time and are cheaper(the best value brakes).

Is Sears a good place to get the work done? are the brakes they supply any good? I was thinking of just picking a place because there are so many. Most places I call always say to bring the car in for an estimate(its annoying).

I live near Naperville, illinois area, if that matters at all.

Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by pakiplayer421
Hey guys, I have a g35 coupe 04 Automatic. I went to NTB and they said my front brakes are almost gone, as well as my rotors. They said I need new front rotors and that they cant be cut because they are almost gone. They said by rear axel is fine.

My question is where is the place to for a good deal? NTB was charing about 500 for new brakes(with warranty) and new rotors only for the front axel. The dealership charges 550(i think total) for the same repair. I know that is ripoff, but the dealership says they use original infiniti parts, which got me thinking, what brake pads(what manufacturer/aftermarket company) should I put in there and what rotors(what manufacuter/aftermarket company?) Im not looking for high performance brakes, just brakes that are good and last a long time and are cheaper(the best value brakes).

Is Sears a good place to get the work done? are the brakes they supply any good? I was thinking of just picking a place because there are so many. Most places I call always say to bring the car in for an estimate(its annoying).

I live near Naperville, illinois area, if that matters at all.

Thanks
R1Concepts Premium slotted Rotors & PosiQuiet brake pads.

Semi metallic pads: for best performance
Ceramic pads: for low noise & minimal dust
Extended wear pads: for long rotor life

all the posiquiet brake pads come with teflon (or similar) coated shims to eliminate noise.

use my DIY video to do the install if you have some tools at home.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on now guys? some one give me more opinions on good quality after market parts.....
every local mechanic I talk to says they get their parts from NAPA. Are napa parts good for the g35? either way mechanic parts are expensive, I just wanna order my parts online i decided, but I dont know what parts to order. Also, i need front and back rotors and brakes(based off Merlin, they want 1100 for everything, they crazy).

Another question, how much should I pay a mechanic to install front and rear pads and rotors?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by pakiplayer421
Come on now guys? some one give me more opinions on good quality after market parts.....
every local mechanic I talk to says they get their parts from NAPA. Are napa parts good for the g35? either way mechanic parts are expensive, I just wanna order my parts online i decided, but I dont know what parts to order. Also, i need front and back rotors and brakes(based off Merlin, they want 1100 for everything, they crazy).

Another question, how much should I pay a mechanic to install front and rear pads and rotors?
1 vote for r1concepts + posiquiet pads. good guys, good products.