Any way 2 know 4 sure the rotors I bought r what I thought I bought (OEM Infiniti)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
Just curious, how bad were the Chinese NAPA rotors? And do you know who actually manufactured them?

I just ordered OEM rears from Infiniti Parts Online. Going to be awhile before I receive them as I am in Canada. But yeah, I decided to pay more for the OEMs then save now and end up spending more down the road.
They were oscillating from the start. From install. I had them turned twice and still the same. I bought a runout meter and tried to verify that it was them and not the hubs. If the resurface was right, I tend to think that maybe the composition or something was off. Not completely homogeneous or something. Now there's some surface cracking. Not near the edge, though. I just noticed like a week or two ago when I started hearing screeching. The screeching's stopped for some reason. I have a few theories. Not sure that was from the wear indicators or not. Maybe dust. Maybe indicators broke off. Don't know. But Chinese rotors equal garbage as far as I'm concerned! I can't remember who the manufacturer was. I'm sure I could find the latest model from Napa and tell you when I get a chance. They were like 44 bucks or something.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by obsdnoblivion
Thanks, man. I'd appreciate that.
Sorry it took a while, i nearly forgot about this. The rears have no markings, but the fronts say these on the backside of the hub area:

"NISSAN", "KIRIU" and "MIN.TH." "30MM"

Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
Just curious, how bad were the Chinese NAPA rotors? And do you know who actually manufactured them?

I just ordered OEM rears from Infiniti Parts Online. Going to be awhile before I receive them as I am in Canada. But yeah, I decided to pay more for the OEMs then save now and end up spending more down the road.
Yo dude, they were these. I'm not sure if the model number is the same, but they were the "Premium Rotors." Link to NAPA rotors

Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Stick with OEM on the brakes. You can't go wrong

Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike
Sorry it took a while, i nearly forgot about this. The rears have no markings, but the fronts say these on the backside of the hub area:

"NISSAN", "KIRIU" and "MIN.TH." "30MM"
Well that sucks. Mine have absolutely no markings on them. Here are pictures a rotor and the box of one of them. http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ased%204-1-10/

And if anybody knows, what's with the inboard side of the rotor being thinner than the outboard side? Anybody noticed this on their rotors?

Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also gotta remember that Nissan may have multiple OE suppliers for the same part. And, parts can get revised over time, so a new OE replacement rotor in 2010 may not be exactly like the one installed in 2003, 05, an OE replacement shipped to different markets, etc. Just sayin.

Although, that difference in thickness is werd. Have never seen that before and can't really think of a reason why that would be done by design.