Scam or real?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scam or real?

I have an 08 G35 XS. The car has always felt like it would slip out from under me (rear end feels like it wants to come around) when cornering on an agressive corner. It also feels as if it would jump lanes if I changed lanes too quickly. This happens with VDC on or off. As a point of reference I came to the G from an S4, the S4 loved to be pushed, the G does not like to be pushed as hard.

I had the car to my regular dealer about 2 weeks ago for oil change and other minor items. I took the car on a 250 mil trip and everything seemed to be worse than I remember. I finished the trip and took the car to a local dealer at my destination. The result, the steering rack is leaking, three of the 4 shocks are leaking . But supposedly this is all "warranty" work, the car has 23,000 miles on it.

My original dealer says that his type of failure is "a one in a thousand" shot, and unless I went off-roading in it this should not have happened. They claim that they ALWAYS do an inspection while the car is on the rack. By their own admission, if they found an item that needed repair, they would recommend it.

So, I have two questions, first, has anyone ever heard of this, and is it logical? I feel as if I am being "set up". If a dealer is having a "slow month" would they try to take advantage of an "out of towner" to pump up their sales? I was told by my selling dealer, to allow them to do the warranty work, the selling dealer has been in contact with the out of town dealer. But under NO circumstances, allow them to do any other work.

Opinions?

Thanks

Old 06-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
well if it doesn't cost you anything what do you have to lose?