Anyone here with Phantom Cup Kits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone here with Phantom Cup Kits?

I've been doing research off and on about these cup kits and would like to get some opinions about them from people who actually have them on their G. I'm currently on Stance GR+ true coilovers and one reason that I'm interested with these is for the convenience. I would love to be able to have clearance over speed bumps, steep entrances, getting over lifts at the shop, and to be able to raise it up instantly if I ever need to work on my car at home and need to fit a floor jack underneath.

Some concerns I have are, will I be able to ride safely with the cup kit air'd up? Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but with cupkits, if you want your car to be slammed, you will need to adjust your coilovers to the lowest settings and leave it there permanently, because as I understand this is the height that your car will sit at when the cup kit has no air in them. I only plan on slamming it when parked and when prefer the cup kits to be air'd up when driving. Since I've never had air suspension or cup kits, is it safe to raise/lower your car while it's in motion or does it have to be completely still.

With a cup kit will you also be able to use a digital air guage to monitor the pressure of each corner so that you can enable different presets for a specific height such as an airbag setup? And lastly, how difficult are they to install?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Bump, I'm interested as well. I sent phantom an email a few weeks ago asking for some more info and advice but have yet to hear a response..

Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
I hung out with some of the guys at Platinum VIP... many of their cars have the cup kit.

From what I remember, several of these guys drove with the cups air'd up, both on the street and the freeway, and slammed their cars when they were parked.

I didn't look at all of the set ups, but the one I did mess with for a little bit had no gauges -- the owner told me he had had the cups for a while, so it was more of a "feel "thing for him.

Also, there were 2 switches -- one for the fronts and one for the rears.

I can't comment on difficulty of install.