Futura Design BBK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by obender66
No, it is purely personal preference not to touch anything made in China with 6 foot pole. Yes, a lot of stock parts in G are probably sourced in China, but I will not willingly fork out $1000+ on Chinese-made upgrade, especially when it concerns my safety and replaces high quality part from reputable manufacturer(hell, one of the best in the world!)

And what kind of research have you done-you have 2nd kit in the country? Are you sure this kit is up to the task? Did you beat it on the track to ensure its "performance"? Did somebody beat it on the track EVER? Does it have any quality certifications?
Are you gonna take your girl/wife/kids out this car? Hmmm....
Some people just love to hate. Not everyone cares about what name is etched into their brake calipers. I highly doubt this guy is going to track his car, as 90+% of people on this forum never will. He's just after a kit that's going to look good and stop his car. Your concern about its safety and reliability is unfounded and purely based on opinion. I think everyone can agree that Brembos, Stoptech, etc. likely have more real-work, track proven R&D behind them, but that doesn't mean this BBK is junk or likely to fail.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Princedrama
did you forget that our cars or japanese/chineese built cars?

Dont tell someone what wheels look good on there car!
some people put what either what looks good for a good price or what look good for a price they cant ever get back when there ever ready to re-sell there wheels.

My next step is Futura design bbk, setting up a saving fund for them here shortly
try writing in coherent sentences. i have no idea wtf you're even trying to say.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Please point me to 350Z.com, where someone took this kit to the track. Even Mike The Distributor politely avoided this question. The only advantage I see is the "colour choice"-great, I can match my brakes to my purse and my stilettos. Oh, ****, I shouldn't have said that.

Instead of offering me hard facts about why this kit is so good, you started trashing me and other members of this forum who dared to show hint of scepticism.

So Jackus, why don't you go out and do 25 hard stops in a row from 120 mph to 30 mph and tell us about your experience?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any stats for the Alliance BBK? This constant arguing about whether or not these BBKs are purely aesthetics are getting old. The Alliance BBK is pretty much the exact same as these as well as the Phat Boy BBKs or whatever.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Do either of you actually know anything about the quality and performance of this bbk, or are you judging them based on zero knowledge?
my knowledge is that brembo's have a proven track record in auto/motorcycle racing and that this brand is made in a country that has a proven track record of producing shoddy product with substandard materials...and who was judging btw. if i was judging, my post would have said "why are you so proud of downgrading from a quality brake system to an pos made in china that has no racing history and is unproven in the long run?" there, now i'm judging.

edit: oh, and btw, the op's reply was a perfectly reasonable answer to my original question. and fyi, standard non-brembo's have similar numbers to brembo equipped g35's. the difference/advantage is reduced brake fade and repeatable stops in track performance.

Last edited by speedracerg35; 09-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by andrewyfang
Are there any stats for the Alliance BBK? This constant arguing about whether or not these BBKs are purely aesthetics are getting old. The Alliance BBK is pretty much the exact same as these as well as the Phat Boy BBKs or whatever.
they're all made in one factory in china and whoever buys them in bulk can put their name on it and sell it as theirs.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^interesting. bbk have become like HIDs lol

Old 09-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can understand not buying something based on performance or the way it looks. I don't think it is realistic to say you won't buy these brakes just because they are made in China. Unfortunately, most of the brake parts for all major suppliers are made at factories or foundries in China and Taiwan. It's an unfortunate side affect of the out-sourcing world we live in. It's not just brake parts; it's just about everything you buy outside of clothes (for whatever reason they are out-sourced to other countries). Everyone in my industry (semiconductors) is (or already has in most cases) moving to Taiwan and China. Even companies like Intel that have mostly made their products here now have large operations in China.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
There will always be haters, but listen I didnt care where the fvck they came from. They are solid looking brakes, I like the design and color choice, they work, Im not dead yet, my SS brake lines are fine so far. Most none of us dont track and never will, including me, so I dont care if these stop .5 seconds slower or can achieve warp speed. Most of these brakes besides the monoblocks are most likely casted in the same house and sent out to other places to finish such as stoptech, rotora et al..

Old 09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Brakes are effing SICK in person Jack. I can't wait to get me a set for my LS430.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by waijai
Brakes are effing SICK in person Jack. I can't wait to get me a set for my LS430.
can't wait to get me a set either...

Old 03-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Were can I get these anyone?

Old 03-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
JAckus whats good bro I know whats going on with me inbox but I can send you a pm..whats the prices on them bbk purple or blue for a 1 gen couoe

Old 03-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
How much are these?

Old 03-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Jackus, Those look great!, Can you help with some facts besides the pictures of the installation by your Mexican friend?

I like the look and size but need more info. Would you point out a direction for application use and specifications on these Futura Racing brakes?

Where did you buy? What is the price you and the other buyer paid for the 1st and 2nd sales in USA? Thanks

Last edited by toro12; 03-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Futura Design BBK