Bc or megan coils??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by GrocryGettr
Get the Megan coilovers and pay me to install them. That way you can pay me again to remove them and install the BC's two weeks later
QTF

Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by adamls2
So from reading up on this ^^ is beast to worse?? Which stance model are we talking about because i found A LOT of them (not really maybe more like 5) also read that stance is more of a "show off" kind of product and that its NOT preffered for track days, BUT it does give the MOST comfort and the LOWEST drop compared to all the other coils out there... Now i have heard little about form and function...does any1 have any experience with that??
if you want the lowest drop you won't have the most comfort because you will need to set your coils quite stiff in order not to rub, for lowest drop stance GR+ will get you there
if you want to track get some ohlins or some hks hypermax 3
plus you do realize that at one point being so low is actually not functional and so seeing how all coilovers have at LEAST a decent drop which is fully functional it wouldn't really matter which drops the lowest if you want performance
and like the guys said in here stop trying to cheap out, get quality parts camber kits: cusco, spc, spl

Last edited by eurodre; 11-11-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Stance's won't be bad for a track day, especially if your car isn't very modded and if you aren't doing serious tracking. But if you want track coils, that is a completely different list...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
man you guys seem serious and convincing....its like megans are the devil haha
@konzeptionz- what dont you like about your megans?? (curious)
also guys what do you guys think of stance coils?? ive heard a lot of good about them...
My beef with the Megan coils is that they don't ride low enough for me. I should have bought the F&F II coils so I could be able to slam my car without popping a collar. Also, my Megan coils have recently started to squeak in the rear when my suspension adjusts while I drive. It is kind of annoying actually.

Other then that, I like the way my Megans ride and I like the fact it doesn't use the factory spring bucket.

But I would still go with another brand, such as BC, Stances, or F&F II any day.

Edit: I honestly wish I had done a bit more research before I bought my coils. I came from a Honda where you could just buy something and it would work, but that is not the case with this car. I didn't even know Stances and BC's existed until after I had bought my coils and they were sitting in my garage.

So if I were you, I would take the time to read the forum and heed everyone's advice. There are lots of people who have good set ups for what they want, whether it be slammed like Dre or for some performance like Fab and Jairen.

Last edited by XiN; 11-11-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have stances, they're not all what they're hyped up to be

yea they'll drop you to the ground.....but ride quality sucks

ride quality look at hks 3's ~ $1900, ohlins ~ $3200, kw, bilstein etc....

low/unfunctional - stance, f&f, bc

Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmm thanks for all the replies...hks and ohlins are expensive!!! So after reading all of this ny question is how low is too low? Whats an ideal drop that is still functional with our cars?? Thanks again guys

Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
yea i had stances they are alright the shop i go to said they were cheap mine had a few nicks and started rusting too rough imo and im not for slamming on the ground because i drive all over the place my G is a dd

Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Hmmm thanks for all the replies...hks and ohlins are expensive!!! So after reading all of this ny question is how low is too low? Whats an ideal drop that is still functional with our cars?? Thanks again guys

Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP you can find the BC coils cheaper, especially from the vendors on the forum. I got packaged with a GTspec FSB all for 1k shipped (so really my BCs only cost me $800 brand new). I think RAVSPEC was the vendor. I daily drive on my BC coilovers and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a mild performance coilover with good drop and good daily drivability.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by eurodre
o come on XD there is a point where lowering a the car to a certaian hight where you start to loose handling benifeits?!?! i was just wondering what that limit for our G's would be :P

Old 11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by bjquinnIUmed
OP you can find the BC coils cheaper, especially from the vendors on the forum. I got packaged with a GTspec FSB all for 1k shipped (so really my BCs only cost me $800 brand new). I think RAVSPEC was the vendor. I daily drive on my BC coilovers and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a mild performance coilover with good drop and good daily drivability.
yeah i got quoted 999 shipped and he would throw in rear camber arms for free

Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
o come on XD there is a point where lowering a the car to a certaian hight where you start to loose handling benifeits?!?! i was just wondering what that limit for our G's would be :P
no that's not it, what is it, is the fact that this SAME topic has been discussed PLENTY of times yet you fail at searching the plethora of threads on here

in the end it's like this, after having researching all of this you wouldn't NEED to ask what the limits are as you would see them first hand
the fact that you ask already tells me that you haven't done any research on it