HELP: Those of you with Stoptech SS Lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010 | 01:05 AM
|
HELP: Those of you with Stoptech SS Lines

For those of you with stoptech stainless steel brake lines, does nut on the hard line coming from the master cylinder screw all the way into the stoptech line? Mine is as tight as can be and it doesn't screw all the way in like it did on the stock rubber line. I'm sure I screwed in it straight. All four lines are like that. I just wanted to see if any of you have the same situation before I try and loosen the nuts and have to bleed the system again. Thanks a lot!

Old 11-23-2010 | 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
^ I just had Stoptech SS lines installed a few weeks ago.

If you can hold out 'til tomorrow around lunchtime, I'll be back at the shop and can ask the guys then. I'll post up what they have to say.

Old 11-23-2010 | 03:49 AM
|
Originally Posted by pnn23
^ I just had Stoptech SS lines installed a few weeks ago.

If you can hold out 'til tomorrow around lunchtime, I'll be back at the shop and can ask the guys then. I'll post up what they have to say.
Great, thanks! I check my brake fluid level everyday because I'm paranoid it's going to leak if I step on the pedal hard enough haha.

Old 11-23-2010 | 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gqraverice
For those of you with stoptech stainless steel brake lines, does nut on the hard line coming from the master cylinder screw all the way into the stoptech line? Mine is as tight as can be and it doesn't screw all the way in like it did on the stock rubber line. I'm sure I screwed in it straight. All four lines are like that. I just wanted to see if any of you have the same situation before I try and loosen the nuts and have to bleed the system again. Thanks a lot!

^ So I was talking to the shop guys - they say the master cylinder screw doesn't screw all the way down <be careful about threading it!> and not to worry if it's already tight & nothing is leaking. And you don't have to re-bleed the lines if you've already done it once. < I know - elementary - but this is from the horse's mouth. Hope I didn't translate it wrong.

Old 11-23-2010 | 06:16 PM
|
^
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. It saves me the hassle of messing around with the lines again.