Revolution Brake/Wilwood BBK

Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Revolution Brake/Wilwood BBK

324 mm disk-I wanted to keep my stock 17" for winter(I will have to put spacers). Caliper is 4 piston Forged Superlite:
http://wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperL...rlite Internal
They came with Wilwood Bp-20 pads, but I also ordered and installed Wilwood Polymatrix E pads for street use. It probaby takes more time to jack the car up than to swap pads. Wilwood makes a load of pads for this caliper(and not only-they are used in 6 piston calipers too):
http://wilwood.com/BrakePads/BrakePa...x?padtype=7420
Easy install overall.
Performance wise-they definitely stop the car-not too touchy, but require very little pedal travel.
I bed E compound pads in-they grab much stronger after prolonged abuse(smoked them!), but I couldn't go crazy on the street!
I will post an update once I get chance to go to the track.

One caveat-brake lines have no provision to be attached to shock or chassis. I came up with bracket-I will post pics later, easy DYI.

And to those with wanna be pink coloured chinese kits-blow me. I broke chinese made mop today-metal fatique...if they cannot make a fukcin mop properly, I am not buying their "racing" products.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Xet
Received 169 Likes on 141 Posts
Nice brakes, but your chinese-made idea and mop comparison is absolutely ****ing retarded. You realize those ****ty brakes you are talking about are exactly the ****ing same as Alliance brakes?

Don't through stupid, uneducated comments like that into your post. Ruins a good post of some nice brake upgrade.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Xet View Post
Nice brakes, but your chinese-made idea and mop comparison is absolutely ****ing retarded. You realize those ****ty brakes you are talking about are exactly the ****ing same as Alliance brakes?

Don't through stupid, uneducated comments like that into your post. Ruins a good post of some nice brake upgrade.

Have some sense of humour. If I really cared I would have continued beating that horse in original thread.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,675 Likes on 1,442 Posts
You aren't even running a factory Wilwood BBK

Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark View Post
You aren't even running a factory Wilwood BBK
Well, that was definitely a dilemma when I was shopping around. I did enough research and third party Wilwood kits do get a cold shoulder.
So my choice was to care or not to care what other people say and give them a try. Did Roald Amundsen or Sir Edmund Hillary or Captain Kirk ask for opinions of forum members? No, they did not! They took unbeaten path in order to bring new knowledge to human race.

If I crash into the wall, please make "RIP" post in off topic section. And I will have "He used third party Wilwood BBK" engarved on my thombstone.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by obender66 View Post
Did Roald Amundsen or Sir Edmund Hillary or Captain Kirk ask for opinions of forum members? No, they did not! They took unbeaten path in order to bring new knowledge to human race.
If I crash into the wall, please make "RIP" post in off topic section. And I will have "He used third party Wilwood BBK" engarved on my thombstone.

^ I LOL'ed

Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
awesoome job!

are you planning on doing the rears also or no?

Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by datbeans View Post
awesoome job!

are you planning on doing the rears also or no?
Thanks!

Yeah, eventually-but it is 8 year old car with growing "to do" list....so rear brake upgrade is on back burner for now.

I swapped BP-20 pads in. They have just a bit less cold bite, but totally streetable.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
i saw these on ebay, looks like a great deal. wilwood bbk with decent set of rotors for 800. anyone else run this setup or have opinions about it?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Just to give you a heads up, hopefully those rotors dont get rust ring where the pads dont contact because it gets really ugly. I suggest to paint where it doesnt contact.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:05 PM
9 year follow up

Still have the car and still alive. Stopped tracking it in 2014, just driving it in winter. No leaks at lines or caliper seals, no seized pistons, no corrosion. Bonus- it works with 323 mm Z brembo rotors and 320 mm 370z base rotors. Just needs a washer at mounting bracket to recenter.
I got full Wilwood 6 piston kit for 370z. Cant say that it stops $600 better..but it looks sexy.

wonder how those chinese made kits doing?

The following users liked this post:
MaxChlan (04-28-2019)