What breakes + Disk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What breakes + Disk

Hey ! Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what type of set up i should get.. I have a 2003 coupe.. Are their any disk that dont rust or have a protective coating?

Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Brakes...

Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you looking for oem style? I installed new brakes on my sister's car last week. I used Centric Premium rotors which are essentially blank rotors with a durable black finish to the rotor not including the friction surface. They look like high quality imo. Another alternative is to buy the basic blank rotors such has Raybestos or Wagner blanks and take a day or two to spray them with primer and a few coats of black or gray enamel. The latter alternative is cheaper, but kind of a pita to spray and respray. Don't get brake cleaner on them because they will smear. You can spend a few bucks for the Centrics for perhaps a more durable finish. That being said, I sprayed my current slotted rotors almost 3 years ago and they are fine.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VQdriver
Are you looking for oem style? I installed new brakes on my sister's car last week. I used Centric Premium rotors which are essentially blank rotors with a durable black finish to the rotor not including the friction surface. They look like high quality imo. Another alternative is to buy the basic blank rotors such has Raybestos or Wagner blanks and take a day or two to spray them with primer and a few coats of black or gray enamel. The latter alternative is cheaper, but kind of a pita to spray and respray. Don't get brake cleaner on them because they will smear. You can spend a few bucks for the Centrics for perhaps a more durable finish. That being said, I sprayed my current slotted rotors almost 3 years ago and they are fine.
Thanks for all the awsome ideas!! You are the man!