View Poll Results: which coils do you recommend?
Tein Flex with EDFC
0%
Tein Mono-Flex with EDFC
0%
Tein Flex
0%
Tein Mono-Flex
0%
BC racing coils
100.00%
other….
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

flex VS. mono-flex VS. BC-coils VS. ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile flex VS. mono-flex VS. BC-coils VS. ?

Hey Guys. It is getting to be that time of the year again... you know when the weather starts getting warmer and the mod-bugs start coming out. Im looking to focus on my suspension this summer, so im wondering which direction is the right direction to go. I have been searching the My350z suspension threads as well as our own threads, and im constantly getting mixed signals. Im hoping that this thread will help me pick the direction i would like to go with my coil-over selection.

I drive a 06 OB 6mt coupe, and right now i have tein 350z H-techs on. the rest of my suspension is stock. This set up is more than comfortable. I also find that my friends g-coupe on 350z s-techs is quite comfortable also.
I daily my car, and i also make trips as long as 100 miles up to twice a weekend.
I enjoy taking my car to the track, but it i feel that im being held back quite a bit by my suspension. I also enjoy spirited driving on the streets, but at times i feel that my suspension is not keeping up with me there either.
Ultimately i would like to find a coil over set up that is reliable, worth the money that i will pay for it, and bearable on the streets… oh yeah, and able to tear it up on the track when i would like.
A description of the range of adjustability for the coil-overs would be nice also. i know that the tein coils have 16 damper stiffness adjustment points, but it is hard to find how people actually feel about the adjustments. If the coil over is too stiff when the damper is set to full soft, or it is not capable of effectively being adjusted so i can take it on the track and have a good time, they are probably not the coils for me… im just looking for input
Thanks

Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
there's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum that you just posted this in...

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html

also...search...

Old 05-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBF
there's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum that you just posted this in...

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html

also...search...
i did search… on 3 forums. im looking for personal opinions rather than a list of shocks and springs with their rates. it is hard for a thread to describe how the dampening adjustment works and wether the valving is bearable. peosonal opinions are more of what im looking for. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:37 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
there is a thread once again that has a review on BC...stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

I promise if you search, you will find everything you're looking for. coilovers have been discussed time and time again.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
C'mon nic, seriously. Look through the stickies as this thread gives you exactly what you are asking for, personal experiences.

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...ew-thread.html