Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
YEs sir they are! Me gusta!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
Wait a second! Are those heim joints I see? Do those have any adjustment?
Not sure what you mean by helm joints. To add/remove camber you just play with the 3 aluminum spacers on the top of the arms. Set up like you see them they add one degree of positive camber.

I took out all of the shims one day to see how my wheels would look and they looked like this / \. I love these things! I'm dropped 3" and running under -2 camber in the front. I've thought of adding just the SPC spacer but I'm running the Wilwood BBK up front and I don't know if it would work.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:11 PM
The heim joints aRe the things that actually bolt to the frame, 2 for each arm, if you could unscrew thoseva bit, seems you would have more positive adjustment, I'll prob call SPL. And judging by the picture, looks like additional spacers is not an option, looks like it's maxed out. Thanks for all the help

Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Dont mean to change the topic but. I am dropped on coils and Im trying to adjust my SPC camber front arms but now since I installed coils, I cant seem to get my hand through the wheel and fender when the car is lifted to adjust the camber? Why is that? Before I was just dropped on Tein 350z h-techs and was able to adjust camber from the wheel and fender by lifting the car.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 AM
I'm guessing you are lower now with the coils than you were with the springs? Since you're lower, I'm guessing that is limiting your droop, so wheels don't hang down as much. The spc is a pain

Old 08-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
SPL uses a system of shims that go into the top of the arm so they don't affect the wheel like the SPC shims do. Both SPC and SPL advertise between 1 and 1.25 degrees of positive camber. However the SPLs are hella expensive at over $500 for the pair.

^quoted this for the picture. I just confirmed with spl on the phone what I was hoping to hear. He said he thought the spl arms allowed for more positive camber than the spc arms, but he wasn't sure. Doesn't matter though because he confirmed that the heim joints, where the arm mounts to the frame, are adjustable and unscrewing them about an inch would translate to about 2*+. he did state that to be on the safe side to maybe go 3/4" instead, which is about 1.5*. perfect! I will be ordering new camber arms soon

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 06:10 PM

Holy **** why didn't I think of that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Mike you're my new hero! I am a little frustrated though with Kuah at SPL; I live in Austin and have spoken to him many times in person about these arms and their endlinks/ comp. rod bushings and he never mentioned that.

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou Mr. Grote, you rock like Slayer.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
I'm guessing you are lower now with the coils than you were with the springs? Since you're lower, I'm guessing that is limiting your droop, so wheels don't hang down as much. The spc is a pain
Not drop by a lot from the h techs.. Just a lil more.. Is there no way to make it droop lower? bc if there isnt.. im guessing that if i get an alignment and want more positive camber.. im going to have to dismount the wheel and all the parts to get to the A arms.. True?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Algy
Not drop by a lot from the h techs.. Just a lil more.. Is there no way to make it droop lower? bc if there isnt.. im guessing that if i get an alignment and want more positive camber.. im going to have to dismount the wheel and all the parts to get to the A arms.. True?
I don't think there is anyway to make them droop more, but I'm not sure. Mine are the same way. A good alignment/suspension shop might know, or call the manufacturer of your coils, gl

Old 08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Holy **** why didn't I think of that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Mike you're my new hero! I am a little frustrated though with Kuah at SPL; I live in Austin and have spoken to him many times in person about these arms and their endlinks/ comp. rod bushings and he never mentioned that.

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou Mr. Grote, you rock like Slayer.
Haha, glad I could help bro. I felt the same way when I got off the phone, grinning from ear to ear. I've been going through tires like crazy up front and I'm sick of it.

So, you are dropped 3"? I have my spc arms maxxed out and I still have -1.9* camber too. But, I neglected to measure before I dropped it, so never got an idea of how much lower I am now. Do you have a coupe? If so, might be safe to say I'm dropped about 3" as well? Thanks

Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 AM

I drive a sedan and going by fender to ground measurements I'm right at a 3" drop both F/R. Looking back at my last alignment sheet, I'm at -2.1 camber in front so if I could squeeze another 1.5 degree positive I'd be in factory spec. I just don't think I have the room to go that far positive, I need to measure how much gap I have up front between the sidewall and the fender. I'm gonna measure that gap and just adjust the heim joints that distance and go from there. Here's my baby for reference:

Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
looks good, are those 20s? you running spacers? if so, could always get a smaller spacer and get in spec with regard to camber

Old 08-31-2011, 10:05 PM

Thanks and no, they're 19s. I'm running a 15mm spacer up front but like where my wheels sit and don't want them sunken in any. I measured about 3/8" gap so I figure that's good for between .5 to .6 degrees of positive camber available so I'll start there.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 PM
I wish I could find a nice front lip like that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need to get rid of more negative camber on the front