Ichiba failed me hard, like so many others!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Ichiba failed me hard, like so many others!

My video and experience is below, but for starters here's some threads by others with similar Ichiba issues, pay attention to the very first thread there's some pics of user Butkiss1 look how his Ichiba rear camber kit snapped, caushing him to crash his car

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...killed-me.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...-arms-ftl.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...l-garbage.html

So Ichiba aka GodSpeed aka various other eBay nicknames, they really should NOT be sold by vendors on here since they are prone to nor just minor failure, but CATASTROPHIC failure.... why don't we have any stand up vendors that refuse to sell out of principle and safety of their customers, does it all have to be about money all the time

here are my videos, Part 1 and Part 2, very self explanatory... (sorry bout the loud music, wasn't loud at all when makin the vid, guess the phone mic amplified the sound)

So if you look at the end of the second video is where you will see my problem, the Ichiba spindle is literally stuck onto the arm, take a look at the pics here below... any suggestions on how to get it out ??

Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
How have the Kinitex treated you so far?

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I have a big problem using parts that are not the same design as OEM. I'll buy aftermarket OEM replacements, but usually go OEM on about... urm everything that is safety critical.

I have issues using non-oem PCV valves, I mean, I can't believe guys on here trust cheapy pairs of things that suspend the car.

At one time I was going to lower my car, and was going to use Eibach camber kits, but even then I couldn't bare with using something that welded like that. Most OEM supplies make suspension arms from one piece of either stamped or forged metal.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Adon

So Ichiba aka GodSpeed aka various other eBay nicknames, they really should NOT be sold by vendors on here since they are prone to nor just minor failure, but CATASTROPHIC failure.... why don't we have any stand up vendors that refuse to sell out of principle and safety of their customers, does it all have to be about money all the time
I totally agree. I've had 4, yes 4, Ichiba products fail on me.

Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5
I have a big problem using parts that are not the same design as OEM. I'll buy aftermarket OEM replacements, but usually go OEM on about... urm everything that is safety critical.

I have issues using non-oem PCV valves, I mean, I can't believe guys on here trust cheapy pairs of things that suspend the car.

At one time I was going to lower my car, and was going to use Eibach camber kits, but even then I couldn't bare with using something that welded like that. Most OEM supplies make suspension arms from one piece of either stamped or forged metal.
I hear you about some aftermarket parts. However, there are vendors out there that put in a ridiculous amount of R&D into their products and make parts that are better than OEM. Motordyne and SPL come to mind. I have the SPL V2 a arms and these suckers will never fail.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I just bought Ichiba rear camber arms from a vendor on here, not knowing the history. I have Ichiba spacers and have never had a problem so I never bothered researching camber kits. After I bought it, all these threads were brought to my attention. I contacted the vendor and they told me I should be ok because they have sold hundreds and have never had issues, although they stopped selling their front camber kits. I said I would feel more comfortable exchanging it for the SPC. They allowed me to do so. An additional $49 gives me peace of mind.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Great choice GG.