Air suspension with SPL mid links now possible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Air suspension with SPL mid links now possible

I have a universal air suspension & accuair kit on my coupe and I wasnt satisfied enough with the spring rate and alignment in the rear so I decided to do a little experiment...

For those who already have air suspension, you may already understand that the spring rate is relative to the height of the bag. Therefore the lower your car is, the softer your spring rate is and vice versa.

With the SPL PRO mid links, there's a height adjuster for the spring and a crazy toe adjustment as well so I decided to give it a try. I first called Zack at Universal Air Suspension to tell him my idea and show him some photos of the part before I ordered it. Zack confirmed that it was do-able so I went ahead to contact SPL PRO Suspension. Soon after, Sean Farrah of SPL agreed to hook me up with some mid links to help me out on this experiment.

And here's the results:

Universal Air Suspension brackets designed for the SPL mid links sitting side by side

Bracket mounted onto mid link spring adjuster

Top View

Bottom View

I still haven't had time to install these onto the G yet since I've been too busy with work but when the time comes I'll update this thread.

Thanks Sean @ SPL for some quality parts & Zack @ Universal Air for some sick a$$ brackets!

Old 07-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Pics of your car stanley!!

Old 06-06-2015, 02:22 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
bringing back a old thread, has anyone got the bags to work on the spl mid links ?