Question on my logic about adjusting front camber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Question Question on my logic about adjusting front camber?

Rear camber is set where it's going to be until I get around to doing body work which will probably be never. Now I want to make the front camber match the rears and do so as simply as possible. I've got SPC A Arms and they're currently pushed as far towards positive as possible, so rather than take it apart, drop it, measure it, take it apart again, etc. etc. until it's right here's what I was thinking.

If I use a vertical level pressed against the bottom of the rear wheel and measure the distance from the fender lip to the level that will give me a known distance that I want to repeat with the fronts. I haven't done this yet, but for arguments sake say the rear measurement is 3" and the front measurement is 1".

Would I then adjust the A Arm 2" in, or would I split the difference because it's not a true pendulum type adjustment?

I already started drinking and at the moment math is way beyond me, been a hell of a week

Any ideas would be welcomed. As long as the fronts and rears match (on camber) and I can do it without repeatedly taking the car apart I'll take any suggestions. My back is just too screwed up to keep doing this over and over again. Took me damn near a month to accomplish what was probably 6 hours of work on the rear

Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Actually I guess what I'm really asking, now that I've read that, is:

What/How do I measure between front and rear so that I only have to take the front apart and adjust it one time to accomplish the front camber matching the rear camber?

I don't have a good alignment shop nearby, the desire to pay for something I can maybe do myself, or the warm fuzzies about the auto industry around military bases in general.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
I'm glad someone on here is thinking about front camber adjustment.

How low are you? And have you read my thread? https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...n-car-low.html

Wish I had an answer for you.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
I've read it, and I'm still trying to think of a way to do it in one shot before I take it apart again. Seems like it should be an easy problem to solve, just haven't solved it yet.

I'll give it another shot this weekend.