Tanabe DF210's paired with Bilstein Shocks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tanabe DF210's paired with Bilstein Shocks?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and recently picked up an 05 G35 Coupe 6mt in OB. The car has a few mods on it including a Bassani exhaust, Stillen sway bars and Bilstein shocks. I'm currently looking around for springs and had my mind set on Tanabe DF210's. Are pairing the DF210's and Bilstein shocks going to be a bouncy ride? I don't mind a stiff ride. I've searched around but cannot find an answer. I am on a student budget so coilovers are going to be a future purchase. I'm also going to be purchasing front and rear camber arms, toe bolts and spacers to go with the set up, so I figured might as well get all of that for the price of coilovers. Thanks!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Will C
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and recently picked up an 05 G35 Coupe 6mt in OB. The car has a few mods on it including a Bassani exhaust, Stillen sway bars and Bilstein shocks. I'm currently looking around for springs and had my mind set on Tanabe DF210's. Are pairing the DF210's and Bilstein shocks going to be a bouncy ride? I don't mind a stiff ride. I've searched around but cannot find an answer. I am on a student budget so coilovers are going to be a future purchase. I'm also going to be purchasing front and rear camber arms, toe bolts and spacers to go with the set up, so I figured might as well get all of that for the price of coilovers. Thanks!
I wouldn't expect them to be bumpy. The tanabe's look to me to be softer than stock. The oem springs looks like 5.1/7.6 kg/mm if the sticky in the suspension forum is accurate, and the tanabes are 5.1/6.3 kg/mm. Not sure how tanabe is on quality though, have you considered swift or hyperco springs? both of those have been well tested and are pretty high quality. Bilsteins are great dampers. Just get a nice set of springs and that will outperform the vast majority of budget coilover systems out there.

A nice thing about the bilsteins too is there are many shops that rebuild and revalve them, which is usually cheaper than replacing them. So in the future if you want to do anything drastic or when they get worn you can save money by just rebuilding them and getting them custom valved.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by totopo
I wouldn't expect them to be bumpy. The tanabe's look to me to be softer than stock. The oem springs looks like 5.1/7.6 kg/mm if the sticky in the suspension forum is accurate, and the tanabes are 5.1/6.3 kg/mm. Not sure how tanabe is on quality though, have you considered swift or hyperco springs? both of those have been well tested and are pretty high quality. Bilsteins are great dampers. Just get a nice set of springs and that will outperform the vast majority of budget coilover systems out there.

A nice thing about the bilsteins too is there are many shops that rebuild and revalve them, which is usually cheaper than replacing them. So in the future if you want to do anything drastic or when they get worn you can save money by just rebuilding them and getting them custom valved.
Thank you for all that info! I will look into those springs

Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Swift 350Z Linear Springs will be great with those shocks!!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks! I'll consider those too