Thinking about getting these.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about getting these.

Hi, so to clear everything up I just want my car lowered and a daily commute with no problems so to say everything my car is completely stock all around besides just a lip and I just want to go lower because of the looks I am not drifting it or anything just daily and I was looking at these springs http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-25-DROP-SU...2ac81c&vxp=mtr and it says it will fit with the stock OEM shocks which I do have and since I am on a budget would these make me kinda low? if possible can someone post a picture of how low the car would look like since its a 1.25 drop?

this is how my car looks right now

I read that coil overs are a waste of money if you aren't putting them to use for events so that's why I decided to just go with springs but I want feed backs just want a plain and simple low look without spending much money. Thanks!

Old 01-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts
Stance GR+ Coilovers are the best thing I ever bought for my G and i dont track it or drive it hard. Springs will give you a mild drop all round, but nothing but coilovers will allow you to dial in ride firmness and exact ride heigth for front and rear even if you don't plan on slamming your G35. Plans may change for your car and nothing beats the versatility of coilover system. I'd seriously consider investing in a quality suspension system. Never go half *ss because if your not 100% happy with it then it was a poor investment. Springs or coils are expensive either way when it comes down to it. My 2 cents is to do it right!

Old 01-11-2014, 02:03 AM
BTW I'd be leary of buying any suspension part from "Speed Daddy" doesn't sound to legit to me.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Ogee
Stance GR+ Coilovers are the best thing I ever bought for my G and i dont track it or drive it hard. Springs will give you a mild drop all round, but nothing but coilovers will allow you to dial in ride firmness and exact ride heigth for front and rear even if you don't plan on slamming your G35. Plans may change for your car and nothing beats the versatility of coilover system. I'd seriously consider investing in a quality suspension system. Never go half *ss because if your not 100% happy with it then it was a poor investment. Springs or coils are expensive either way when it comes down to it. My 2 cents is to do it right!
True I agree its best to do it right the first time, but since I just want to go low and don't want to spend alot on coilovers which would be the best springs? that works well with stock shocks

Old 01-11-2014, 02:07 AM
BTW I'd be leary of buying any suspension part from "Speed Daddy" doesn't sound to legit to me.
Yes, that's why I wanted feed backs first before purchase (:

Old 01-11-2014, 02:12 AM
Honestly i can't really help you since i bought coils and never researched springs sorry man. I know nothing of those ebay springs or the seller, it just doesn't sound reputable. All i can say is that it would be worth it to save more and get Stance or BC, even Megan coilovers for between $800-$1200 new. Search the Marketplace for a mildly used set of coilovers to fit your budget if you can too. You won't be disapointed!!!!

Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM
If your set on getting springs I've heard good things about Eibach, but thats the only ones that come to mind, I'm sure there's a ton of info on this forum about springs though.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Awh dam alright, it's ok but I did see some Ksports I think it was called on CL for $550 in my area was looking at those but idk much about coilivers/springs,in which is good since this is,my first actual car since I only had motorcycles

Old 01-11-2014, 02:15 AM
If your set on getting springs I've heard good things about Eibach, but thats the only ones that come to mind, I'm sure there's a ton of info on this forum about springs though.
Yeah I was looking at those or teins just not sure which would give that nice,low,look not slammed

Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...coilovers.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...coilovers.html

You gotta jump on deals like this haha
Definatley spend some quality time doing plenty of research before commiting to such a vital and expensive mod.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:24 AM
Yeah they seem like good,prices but I can't spend that much atm which sucks haha I just want a temporary low is,why I want springs but in future coilovers

Old 01-11-2014, 02:55 AM
I would suggest you spend a bit more for the $150+ lowering springs, especially a reputable name brand one. If you still don't want to deviate too far from your original price range, I would suggest watching car forums and private listing like craigslist for name brand 2nd hand springs with low miles. Good luck with your purchase and hunt.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:56 AM
if you're not too extreme on racing your G for pure performance or anything. I've seen amazing coil spring + performance shock/strut combo's that murder other lighter cars on the track.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:55 AM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
All springs are not equal. There's an infamously hilarious post where someone actually measured megan springs on a dyno. They are not even close to linear.

Eibach I would say are decent, much better than no name ebay springs and crap brands like megan/bc/stance/etc. Good brands would be like swift and hyperco. Good as in stays linear throughout the travel and is close to the advertised spring rate.

Suspension is really complicated. Most of the brands out there are crap with good marketing departments. Most of the automotive ethusiast community is poorly informed, especially this forum. Do your research, find out what you want and care for, and make your decision from there.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Sorry to pop your bubble, if you're on a tight budget leave your suspension alone!! Quality springs that will lower your coupe the amount you want and still give you close to factory ride are Tein S-Techs, available from our Marketplace under vendor suspension. ($300+) Total camber kit front and rear plus install/alignment which will be required unless you want to buy tires once a year for your DD. ($1+K) Your shocks will quickly wear out because you're lowered 1.2" another $500 easily. So in a years time you've spent $2K just for looks...should have bought rims instead!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting these.