G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   New suspension *POLL* (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/438169-new-suspension-poll.html)

willmkent 03-02-2014 07:19 PM

New suspension *POLL*

So, I'm a little past 100k miles, I'm looking to redo my suspension but wanted some opinions. My car is my daily driver, it sees Michigan weather, roads, snow, potholes etc etc. I don't track the car or race at all, I just enjoy it, i do however like the look of no wheel gap.

With that being said, should I save some money and rebuild with KYB or should I look into some coilovers like tein or BC?

Thanks

gary c 03-02-2014 07:51 PM

For a DD the KYB shocks are a great replacment for OE shocks! I installed them on my last Z and loved the ride....Gary

willmkent 03-02-2014 08:52 PM

Thanks gary! I am currently leaning toward the KYB shocks because this car is not a track car and for me it sounds like overkill. I am also thinking that a coil over system may not perform well and be comfortable with our GARBAGE roads here in MI

Shawno72 03-02-2014 10:16 PM

Keep it simple. Kyb are great or replacement struts and shocks.

willmkent 03-03-2014 08:49 PM

quite a few have chosen the BC coil over! i do feel like i need to keep costs down considering I'm doing ALL of the suspension. I am replacing the steering rack and pinion, the outer tie rods, inner tie rods, end links on the sways and the shock sand struts...

OBsessed 03-04-2014 11:15 AM

I'm with the guys above on the KYBs if you don't need the coils. BUT - If you do go with coilovers don't get BCs, spend an extra hundred bucks (if that) for Stance. The ride quality on the Stance is much better than BC and well worth the very minor extra cost. Probably the single best thing I did for my car (and my enjoyment of it) was upgrade from BC to Stance. I'm not currently low either, there's more to their dampers than their ability to drop you.

But it sounds like for your purposes you'll be just fine with an upgraded strut and lowering spring.

willmkent 03-04-2014 04:51 PM

Yea I just started to add everything up and it looks like I will be paying around 2600 for parts and labor to redo my suspension.. This included inner and outer tie rods, sway bar end links, all four shocks and struts, the mounts for the shocks and struts, and the rack and pinion steering system.

Man, this is really adding up

Diode Dynamics 03-04-2014 04:58 PM

I've had great luck with Tein coilovers. They are perfect for a DD also!

Not too harsh, nice drop etc..

Nick C.

willmkent 03-04-2014 08:25 PM

So I purchased the rear camber SPC kit, am I going to need the front kit in order to pair up KYB's with the eibach prokit? Or will the front tires be alright ?

Shawno72 03-04-2014 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by willmkent (Post 6878997)
So I purchased the rear camber SPC kit, am I going to need the front kit in order to pair up KYB's with the eibach prokit? Or will the front tires be alright ?

Well I just installed a set of swift springs 1" front and 1.1" rear with spring mount mod. I also installed the spc rear camber arms and toe bolt kits. Here is my alignment results. Like I said I just did this last weekend but so far tires are wearing fine :D
Attachment 262013
Attachment 262014

willmkent 03-08-2014 03:16 PM

Nice man!!! Thanks, gives me confidence in my setup. I bought the eibach prokit which is the same drop.

The new total for everything is $3,100 but now I'm getting all new compression rods too. My car will handle like a dream!! Now I'm thinking about a motor rebuild! Keep this baby going!