Anyone try Truhart camber kits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sharing some great info. You might be talking about Eibach since I hear they're the same as SPC. I was planning to go with SPL from the start but decided to look into less expensive arms on a $8k DD 1" drop but you have put some 2nd thought into it. What I meant by cliché is the fact that everybody knows the great reliability of SPL or other top name brands for parts, so every post regarding info on new products or less expensive products leads to the same preferred brand rather then helpful info on the posted product it self. It becomes a waste of time reading through threads that basically lead to the same thing. I wasn't trying to offend anybody by using business term but that's usually how the business world works in most industries.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Your thread turned into a lost cause, searching for answers! We knew what you were looking for, evidently no one has used the Truhart kit. When your life depends on quality parts it's difficult to try a less expensive, untried product! Members here either ignore the fact they need a camber kit so their tires last or they step up to what we all know works best!
Gary

Old 06-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well I've decided to give these a shot. Going to order within the next month and I'll post pics and review as it goes on

The following users liked this post:
Miko8 (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Your thread turned into a lost cause, searching for answers! We knew what you were looking for, evidently no one has used the Truhart kit. When your life depends on quality parts it's difficult to try a less expensive, untried product! Members here either ignore the fact they need a camber kit so their tires last or they step up to what we all know works best!
Gary
I don't understand the point of bashing a thread seeking info on new parts. It's contradicting the point of a forum.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by badazzg
Well I've decided to give these a shot. Going to order within the next month and I'll post pics and review as it goes on
Cool man, looking forward to it! Is your G lowered?

Old 07-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Miko8
Cool man, looking forward to it! Is your G lowered?

Yes it is lowered but just with z springs. I got a great price on parts through eBay! I also got a 72055 spc rear tow kit (not pictured). The Truhart parts look very beefy and I don't anticipate having any issues once installed correctly. (I feel one step a lot of people miss is tightening at ride hight not on a lift or jack stands, which I believe causes pre mature bushing failure) One thing I would like to note is that the front upper control arms come with the cones which is a plus.

Last edited by badazzg; 07-16-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Installed today and am very happy thus far. Although the front upper arms don't give a great amount of camber adjustment I do believe its enough for my application. Alignment was way better. My front camber was worse than I originally thought. So far I'm very happy

The following users liked this post:
Miko8 (07-19-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 03:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I hope those work out for you. I personally put control arms in the same category as tires, essential safety items. And for that category I will not put an untested part on my car. Search the forum for Ichiba horror stories and you'll find mine among them. I have the SPL V2 front arms, Stillen rear bars and Bridgestone Potenza RE 760 Sport tires. Yes I paid a little more for proven, quality parts but I know they're reliable and I have nothing to worry about. Plus your front arms wouldn't give me close to the camber adjustment I need since my sedan's dropped 3" all around. And with my set-up I'm in factory spec on all 4 corners.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:34 AM
Great info BadazzG, I definitely agree with tightening at ride height. They look like they are built well and even though they aren't going to show much they look very nice haha. Looks like you have the stock shocks and springs, are you lowered at all? If I remember right, these arms have a little more adjustability over OEM arms correct? Thanks

Old 07-27-2016, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I hope those work out for you. I personally put control arms in the same category as tires, essential safety items. And for that category I will not put an untested part on my car. Search the forum for Ichiba horror stories and you'll find mine among them. I have the SPL V2 front arms, Stillen rear bars and Bridgestone Potenza RE 760 Sport tires. Yes I paid a little more for proven, quality parts but I know they're reliable and I have nothing to worry about. Plus your front arms wouldn't give me close to the camber adjustment I need since my sedan's dropped 3" all around. And with my set-up I'm in factory spec on all 4 corners.
I think I've read your horrid experience. I agree about being safe then sorry but I've also seen OEM arms snap and I'm actually having a problem with my OEM front passenger side arm at the moment. I might be turning my G into a track car and wouldn't want to dump to much money into it but would like quality suspension parts. Your right about adjustability, do need to keep that in mind but I only drop 1.5" at most.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
So it's been 3 years since you installed the Truhart components. Still have the car? How'd they work out?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'06 AX6 G35 Coupe 6sp RevUp 19" Rays RAS, Solar Yellow '01 MR2 Spyder w 2ZZ/C60
Originally Posted by jkettle3
So it's been 3 years since you installed the Truhart components. Still have the car? How'd they work out?
Their last activity on the board was 12-10-16...