04 G35 sedan adjustable upper control arm and alignment specs

Old 11-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 G35 sedan adjustable upper control arm and alignment specs

I switched out my suspension for the 350z suspension about a year ago. I had to purchase new tires a couple months back and they noticed the inner tie rod was bad. I replaced that and took it to get aligned. They found the bushing where bad on one of the lower control arms so I replaced it last weekend. I went and had the alignment done this morning knowing they could only set the toe in the front but I was happy with that. My question is will the aftermarket adjustable arms take care of my caster and camber issues? Which brand upper control arms should I be looking at?

Alignment specs:
Left front
camber -2.2
caster 4.7
toe .08

Right front
camber -1.5
caster 7.7
toe .07

Old 11-13-2016, 04:29 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You shouldn't have any Caster issues. Factory caster is not adjustable. Aftermarket can adjust caster but that is not needed at all unless you are a dedicated track guy. If you have Caster off from each side or the other than you need to look elsewhere. The alignment guy should be seeing or looking for the problem. Bad bushing or bushings on one side vs the other. You've have 2 alignments and its still not right so definitely need to crawl under the car and look at the translink, the lower control arm, the compression rod which might have a bad bushing. Inspect everything. Same with Camber being off. Uneven tire wear can help solve see what the issue is if there has been enough time. The best alignment shop to go to is NTB. There equipment is top notch up to date, half of these alignment shops have really old outdated equipment

Suspension 101 thread in the 350z forum is the best thread you can possibly read about our cars and alignment. Give it a read and you will learn everything you possibly want to know about suspension.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.