HELP!! Need opinions best pads for Akebono set up g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:07 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
HELP!! Need opinions best pads for Akebono set up g35

Any recommendations on pads should I stick with OEM or Project Mu I don't want to have any noise or squeeling

Car is my Daily

Old 11-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk pads are supposed to be nice

Old 11-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
- You don't want noise or squeal.
- Car is for daily use.

Stick with OEM.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Albanian122
Any recommendations on pads should I stick with OEM or Project Mu I don't want to have any noise or squeeling

Car is my Daily
C'mon man, you've been a member for over 2 years and can't start a thread in the appropriate sub-forum?? Or search through the hundreds of threads on "best brake pads"?? You're fired lolol, moved this to the proper place for ya!!!

Originally Posted by Throwing20s
Hawk pads are supposed to be nice
Many, many complaints on here (including from me) pointed at the Hawk HPS pads for the G. A lot of us tried them and found them to have sh!tty cold bite and wet performance. (Patiently waits for GaryC to come flying in and preach how awesome they are ) I bought a set and used them for 500 miles, hated them so much I gave them to a friend for free just to get the out of my garage. He rode them for 1000 miles then threw them away. Said he didn't want them to endanger anyone else's life hahahahaha. And he was serious, no joke!

Originally Posted by LexD
- You don't want noise or squeal.
- Car is for daily use.

Stick with OEM.
This or go with the Akebono ProAct or Wagner Thermo-Quiet. OEM more dust but great bite and with the Wagners and Akes you get impressive performance at a price that won't break the bank.

No matter what you get make sure your rotors are in great shape and you bed the new pads in properly!!

Old 12-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Second the Akebono ProACT

Old 12-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
C'mon man, you've been a member for over 2 years and can't start a thread in the appropriate sub-forum?? Or search through the hundreds of threads on "best brake pads"?? You're fired lolol, moved this to the proper place for ya!!!

Many, many complaints on here (including from me) pointed at the Hawk HPS pads for the G. A lot of us tried them and found them to have sh!tty cold bite and wet performance. (Patiently waits for GaryC to come flying in and preach how awesome they are ) I bought a set and used them for 500 miles, hated them so much I gave them to a friend for free just to get the out of my garage. He rode them for 1000 miles then threw them away. Said he didn't want them to endanger anyone else's life hahahahaha. And he was serious, no joke!

This or go with the Akebono ProAct or Wagner Thermo-Quiet. OEM more dust but great bite and with the Wagners and Akes you get impressive performance at a price that won't break the bank.

No matter what you get make sure your rotors are in great shape and you bed the new pads in properly!!

My bad... ..... I just started a new thread without putting in the right place. Most threads on here are ancient to be honest with you alot of the older G35's are either gone or sold. Just a few of us left.....

Im either going with Stock or the ProAct thanks guys.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
I went through hell trying different pads. For me, I want that rock hard, touch the pedal and face is in the steering wheel feel.

OEM or bust.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
I went through hell trying different pads. For me, I want that rock hard, touch the pedal and face is in the steering wheel feel.

OEM or bust.

I love that feel too. I've found that frequent brake bleeds, plus braided brake lines really helps get that instant response.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-08-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.