Suspension rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension rattle

Hi All, hoping someone can give me a hand.
2003 g35 sedan
I have a suspension rattle on low speed bumps, also happens under light braking. It sounds like it's right under the hood almost. It's driving me nuts!
Its worse on the drivers side.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
First, open the hood and use your hands to push down on each corner of the vehicle to "bounce" the car (this is so you don't dent the fender/hood, push on the strut tower or something stout), you should be able to determine if it's a strut just by the noise and location. If it's not a strut then lift up the vehicle and start pulling around on suspension, steering, exhaust components until you find out what has play in it and is making noise, or take it to a shop and have them do it. Usually pretty obvious when you find the right piece.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
First, open the hood and use your hands to push down on each corner of the vehicle to "bounce" the car (this is so you don't dent the fender/hood, push on the strut tower or something stout), you should be able to determine if it's a strut just by the noise and location. If it's not a strut then lift up the vehicle and start pulling around on suspension, steering, exhaust components until you find out what has play in it and is making noise, or take it to a shop and have them do it. Usually pretty obvious when you find the right piece.
thank you, I replaced the suspension with a Tein street basis coilovers brand new. It was making that sound before too.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
My problem when I had the rattle was a loose brake line mount. You really have to pull the wheel and inspect.

It could also be super blown bushings bub.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
My problem when I had the rattle was a loose brake line mount. You really have to pull the wheel and inspect.

It could also be super blown bushings bub.
Thank you! Gonna check that out asap

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.