2003 g35 sedan lower control arm and struts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 g35 sedan lower control arm and struts

I had my mechanic take a look underneath my 2003 g35 today because my suspension has been feeling clunky/loose/harsh. Had leaks on 3 of my 4 struts and one of my front lower control arms has a busted bushing and is sitting forward from where it should be. Seems like a somewhat common problem when browsing.

The car is old and I am about to list it for sale, so I don't really want to break the bank, but also don't want to sell a broken car (or deal with the headaches of explaining to someone what the issues are then being offered 1000$ for the car).

I was looking at KYB or monroe struts, they are affordable, and there are several aftermarket lower control arms on the web and ebay.

Any recommendations for non garbage struts and lower control arms that are more affordable than new OEM equipement? I was thinking of maybe just doing the 350z/g35 coupe combo since that seems fairly cheap on the for sale part of the forum.

Thank you in advance.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:53 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you're just interested in selling the vehicle I would go with the cheapest possible option. You won't be getting your money back on it but you won't be selling a vehicle with broken components either.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
If you're just interested in selling the vehicle I would go with the cheapest possible option. You won't be getting your money back on it but you won't be selling a vehicle with broken components either.
I'm not really into selling a car with ebay parts on it. I ended up getting kyb's, I think they will easily pay for themselves in resale. The majority of people who buy second hand go with PPI's nowadays, and knock off struts is going to cost someone alot more down the road, usually leading to a lost buyer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.