G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   GTSPEC Bars fit on Sedan (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/87292-gtspec-bars-fit-sedan.html)

derres 02-23-2006 08:17 PM

GTSPEC Bars fit on Sedan

Hey guys. I had called GT spec a few weeks ago and asked if their chassis braces would fit on a G35 sedan (they are spec'd for 350z/G35 coupe). Well, they sent me the 3 piece set and they all fit. Definitely stiffened the whole chassis structure, and the slight squeek I had in my dash is now gone.

amg35 02-23-2006 09:05 PM

Can you post some pics please? Thanks.

Gdup35sedan 02-23-2006 09:12 PM

Definitely post some pics, i'd like to look into getting these.
-GP-

bww1980 02-24-2006 12:53 AM

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...GTSSUS1086.JPG

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...GTSSUS1088.JPG

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...GTSSUS1087.jpg

these are the pictures i've found from performance nissan website...here's the link...
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...bc34d0eefed960

benjamin

badtz 02-24-2006 04:05 AM

how much would you say your handling improved from the braces?

jdm4eva 02-24-2006 06:39 AM

Looks nice...I might just have to go out and get them...Thanks for the input dude....

jdm4eva

SixFive 02-24-2006 08:16 AM

I am so on this. Whic parts are there as theys seem to offer several peices and how much?

Konsole 02-24-2006 08:49 AM

how about a g35x? would they work?

amg35 02-24-2006 08:57 AM

bww1980, thanks for the pics. Unfortunately those pics are of a coupe with the bars. We want to see the real deal sedan pics.

bww1980 02-24-2006 11:34 AM

^^^same here,
derres, please post some pictures...

benjamin

amg35 02-24-2006 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by derres
Hey guys. I had called GT spec a few weeks ago and asked if their chassis braces would fit on a G35 sedan (they are spec'd for 350z/G35 coupe). Well, they sent me the 3 piece set and they all fit. Definitely stiffened the whole chassis structure, and the slight squeek I had in my dash is now gone.

derres, did your G feel stiffer under normal driving conditions or just during spirited driving? Thanks for the feedback.

derres 02-24-2006 12:32 PM

Overall the car feels stiffer. A good example is when you go over a speed bump diagonally, you usually feel the chassis twist, but with the new bars it is stiffer, especially in the front. I used to have a Subaru and I put chassis braces all over the thing. It makes the whole car more predictable, forcing your suspension and tires to do all of the work. With good tires, you will have alot more control over breaking the car loose and then bringing it back. Builds confidence, which allows you to go faster.

I am now in the process of making a rear strut tower and V brace.

The pics of the Sedan look exactly the same as the coupe (above), except there is a single exhaust. All of the chassis components are the same, so the installation is exactly the same process.

jimmyc13 02-24-2006 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by derres
Overall the car feels stiffer. A good example is when you go over a speed bump diagonally, you usually feel the chassis twist, but with the new bars it is stiffer, especially in the front. I used to have a Subaru and I put chassis braces all over the thing. It makes the whole car more predictable, forcing your suspension and tires to do all of the work. With good tires, you will have alot more control over breaking the car loose and then bringing it back. Builds confidence, which allows you to go faster.

I am now in the process of making a rear strut tower and V brace.

The pics of the Sedan look exactly the same as the coupe (above), except there is a single exhaust. All of the chassis components are the same, so the installation is exactly the same process.

Dude...I think he wants to see YOUR actual picts on a SEDAN to prove that it does fit on a sedan...... How do we know this is for real and you're not posting this on behalf of GTSPEC? Just a thought...now go grab a camera! ;)

amg35 02-24-2006 12:45 PM

derres,
Are these the correct part numbers for the 3 bars you installed?

GTS-SUS-1053 (2 bars in this kit)
GTS-SUS-1088

Thanks again, I appreciate the information. Take care.

SixFive 02-24-2006 01:48 PM

So much for the net weight loss from the pulleys and mid pipe coming off. Those things must be pretty heavy.

amg35 02-26-2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SixFive
So much for the net weight loss from the pulleys and mid pipe coming off. Those things must be pretty heavy.

derres, do you know the weight of the bars? Or did the package they arrived in specify a shipping weight? Thanks.

jimmykce1 02-26-2006 02:16 PM

Will all those parts fit on any year sedan??

Clean G 4D 02-26-2006 04:53 PM

If anyone is interested, I have a practically brand new set (front and rear tie bars) I want to sell... I have decided that this is more than I need for my daily driver. PM me if interested.

Yes, they fit my 05 sedan. I test fitted the rear, and it fit perfectly. I did not install the front because it was a bit too complicted for me. I couldnt tell if there was a difference in ride quality because I had also recently installed sways and springs.

I would post a pic of the rear tie bar on my car, but it basically looks the same as the coupe pic posted earlier minus the dual exhaust and lateral bar.

FYI, the GTSPEC lateral bar was intended for those with dual exhaust. There supposedly isnt enough clearance for the stock exhaust pipe. Someone did try this on a coupe stock exhaust. Try searching for the thread here or on my350z.com. Derres, hows the clearance with the lateral bar? is your exhaust pipe hitting it?

These are not heavy... I think the front and rear tie bars weigh less than 5 lbs. together (i dont have a scale available)

*edited a few things, misread the original post
*edited again, I only have the tie bars

cato 03-01-2006 09:32 AM

FYI,
This looks to be a good mod! ;)

Dave,

Our information shows that there was no change in chassis and subframe suspension for the G35 in all the years it has been available.

Below is our general descriptions of the function of the Tie Brace.

GTSPEC Lower Tie Brace

Lower tie braces are a great add-on and offer an easy, bolt-on performance increase. This tie bar eliminates the flexing in the low mounted control arm to improve stability and handling. By bridging the control arm sheet metal, it strengthens the suspension at a weak point and completes the suspension systems. By stiffening the lower strut assembly, body flex is reduced and cornering becomes more linear and predictable.

GTSPEC lower tie braces are constructed from 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, which has a higher stiffness-to-weight ratio. Tighter fitting tolerances are possible due to a more compact design, which allows greater clearances from suspension components and easier installation, using existing lower suspension mounting bolts.

Ken Chan

Sales Manager

GTSPEC

81 E Jefryn Blvd
Unit E
Deer Park NY 11729
Tel: 631-586-3500
Fax: 718-504-4541
WWW.GTSPEC.COM
AIM: ken at gtspec

-----Original Message-----
Ken,

Thanks for your reply! I have the 2003 G35 Sedan. I suppose it will fit any year G35?

What handling improvements can I expect on my G35 with the “sport tuned suspension” plus the adjustable Stillen front and rear sway bars? J

Regards,
Dave
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: GTS-SUS-1053

David,

GTS-SUS-1053 are lower tie braces not subframe braces. These were recently test fitted on a stock G35 sedan. Everything fits without any modification.

Ken Chan
Sales Manager
GTSPEC
81 E Jefryn Blvd
Unit E
Deer Park NY 11729
Tel: 631-586-3500
Fax: 718-504-4541
WWW.GTSPEC.COM
AIM: ken at gtspec

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 1:29 PM
To: sales@gtspec.com
Subject: GTS-SUS-1053

Hi,

I have heard that the sub frame chassis braces (GTS-SUS-1053) will fit the Infiniti G35 Sedan.

Can you confirm this?

Regards,

jdm4eva 03-01-2006 09:57 AM

Yeah this is my next mod on my G35 Sedan...I'm very impressed with the write-ups so far...will post pics too as soon as mine are installed...

jdm4eva

cato 03-01-2006 11:27 AM

This is my next mod also! If I can't have a Front Strut Tower Brace, then I will have a Front Lower Strut Tower Brace instead. hehe :rolleyes:

g35guy86 03-01-2006 11:47 AM

sorry for the dumb question but if I got stillen sways and then the GTSPECs these are totally different parts right? they just affect the car handling the same way?

Oggie 03-01-2006 12:04 PM

Ken, does your GTSPEC Lower Tie Brace fit a 05 G35X? Please confirm.

godmans 03-01-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by 03silverG
sorry for the dumb question but if I got stillen sways and then the GT specs these are totally different parts right? they just affect the car handling the same way?

Stillen sways lower the amount of body roll; the tie bars reduce the amount of body "FLEX" =)

Cheers

But I would really want to see some real pics before believing that it really fits the sedan

cato 03-01-2006 04:01 PM

I have email'd Ken and talked to him personally today about the GTSPEC Lower Tie Braces. I tried to order directly from GTSPEC, but Ken mentioned I could get them cheaper from a local distributor. Ken provied me with the Houston area distributor, ASAA Racing, and I have ordered a set for my G35 Sedan. Ken has assured me, as you can see in the email trail in my previous post, that they do indeed fit the G35 Sedan. :D I will be sporting them pretty soon and will post pictures of them. BTW, the middle picture at the top of this thread is of the "Rear Lower Lateral Reinforcement Brace". It is not part of the "tie brace set" I was able to purchase the two tie braces for a 10% discount over the $169 MSRP posted by GTSPEC. :)

Clean G 4D 03-01-2006 05:34 PM

check partshippers.com, I bought mine from them.

Tie bar set currently listed for $143.65

godmans 03-01-2006 06:44 PM

looking forward to pics :D

Xman 03-01-2006 09:22 PM

How easy of an install would it be? Need jacks, impact tools?

OCG35 03-01-2006 10:30 PM

bump - for info

Xman 03-01-2006 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Konsole
how about a g35x? would they work?

My guess is that the tie bars would work for the X but I'm thinking that that lateral brace isn't going to make it with my Stillen catback. Need some more research.

cato 03-02-2006 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Clean G 4D
check partshippers.com, I bought mine from them.

Tie bar set currently listed for $143.65

That's a pretty good price. I bought mine yesterday for $179.65 including tax+shipping. :) They are listed on GTSpec website for $169. They should arive by next Monday. OH BOY!

mark5 03-02-2006 03:13 PM

i sent you a PM

Clean G 4D 03-03-2006 02:47 AM

some pics for those who are still want to see em... this is just the rear.
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1815/img44224fr.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3992/img44233xi.jpg

The lateral bar would bolt on here, and go under the exhaust pipe.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5630/edit0ix.jpg

I have a sale pending on these, sorry to everyone that was interested.
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1571/img44321fv.jpg

Xman 03-04-2006 11:56 AM

Just confirmed that the front tie brace won't work for the X. The length is right but it won't clear the transfer case.:(

SixFive 03-04-2006 01:29 PM

So what about the GTSPEC 4 Point Mid Chassis Reinforcement Brace... Anyone consider that?

cato 03-04-2006 03:32 PM

So what about the GTSPEC 4 Point Mid Chassis Reinforcement Brace... Anyone consider that?

ASAA Racing has ordered two of them. They should arrive with my lower tie braces on Monday. I don't know if they fit the G35 :confused: But it would be cool if they did.:cool:

SixFive 03-04-2006 07:27 PM

Please let us know what you find!

codeflux 03-04-2006 09:09 PM

/me subscribing, with great interest. sound like an excellent mod, and cheap, too.

hksjza70 03-05-2006 01:06 AM

of course there is a disclaimer : may not fit with some exhaust systems.

any sedan owners have these with a fujitsubo exhaust?

does installation require a rear camber adjustment? unless I'm mistaken, that is where one of the lower bar attaches?

amg35 03-05-2006 08:48 AM

I too would like this confirmed as the Fuji exhaust is next on my mod list. I believe fitment issues only pertain to the lower rear lateral bar and not the rear tie brace.

Codeflux, if you get these bars please let us know how it works with your fuji exhaust. Thanks.

Originally Posted by hksjza70
of course there is a disclaimer : may not fit with some exhaust systems.

any sedan owners have these with a fujitsubo exhaust?

does installation require a rear camber adjustment? unless I'm mistaken, that is where one of the lower bar attaches?

SixFive 03-06-2006 10:56 AM

I've never wanted to hear from Cato so badly! Where are youuuuuu????

cato 03-06-2006 02:04 PM

I've never wanted to hear from Cato so badly! Where are youuuuuu????

I'm rite cheer! My set didn't arrive today.:( ASAA Racing tells me they arrive tomorrow..... Hopefully they will be on by Tuesday night and pics will be posted. I brought my digital cameras to work today in hopes of taking some pics during the install. ASAA will do the install. $55/hr labor. I figure 30 minutes to do both bars? ;)

codeflux 03-06-2006 02:15 PM

cato, i am VERY MUCH looking forward to your photos and review. i've woved not to spend any more money on my car for at least another 2 months, but for this mod i might jump the gun and do it. it's cheap and easy, and should fix a few of my rattles and squeeks.

cato 03-06-2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by codeflux
cato, i am VERY MUCH looking forward to your photos and review. i've woved not to spend any more money on my car for at least another 2 months, but for this mod i might jump the gun and do it. it's cheap and easy, and should fix a few of my rattles and squeeks.

Yeah...I figured I was done with mods until I saw this one! The suspension system modifications makes driving the car sooo much more fun. This mod seems like a good one and I jumped immediately. When my sport tuned suspension starts to sag, I will probably go with another mod, eibach lowering springs and more performance oriented shocks. Maybe a performance Y-pipe. :D

SixFive 03-06-2006 04:38 PM

Careful with springs. I hear many of the aftermarkets are actually softer than stock even if lower and Eibach was the manufacturer I heard that about. Not remembering where or even why i remember that...

codeflux 03-06-2006 04:56 PM

When my sport tuned suspension starts to sag
huh? never heard of this.... i have sport suspension too, on 2003.5, with 60k miles. how many miles do you have?...

cato 03-06-2006 08:35 PM

I have almost 75K miles on her now. The Sport Tuned Suspension went on at about 25K miles, slightly used. Springs and shocks always wear out...:(
They are a wear and tear item, so I know they will need changing within another 25-50K miles. :) But that's OK, I will go with a more performance suspension next time. :D

codeflux 03-06-2006 09:16 PM

oh, excellent. i was looking for an excuse to get Tein CS + EDFC. Curse you, cato! :D

IQ9 03-07-2006 11:41 AM

I just got the front bar from performace nissan. That was a mistake. They seem to want to sell a part but not support it. 3 emails and no info. I got the bar,a sticker and 2 washers...nothing else. How do I attach the front lower bar? Do I just remove the nuts and slide the bar on and tread the nuts back on? It seems like it would work but I want to know what everyone else did. I would also like to know if anyone else has gotten such bad treatment from performance nissan..they SUCK big time.

derres 03-07-2006 04:38 PM

Yes, IQ9, that's exactly how you install it. Use the supplied washers on top of the bar before re-installing the nut. It's pretty simple install. Just make sure the GT SPEC logo is right side up :)