Nismo G attack S Tune Suspension Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nismo G attack S Tune Suspension Kit

Are these only for Z's?

if not, does anyone have em on their G? i just saw them and was interested to see how good/bad they are.........discuss.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dream_G35
Are these only for Z's?

if not, does anyone have em on their G? i just saw them and was interested to see how good/bad they are.........discuss.
No, there are some for G's as well, that have a different spring height than the 350Z set. But IMHO the shocks that come in the kit are not good enough for the springs. I wound up installing a set of Koni's and made a huge difference in handling. The sway bars are ok but for the $$ a adjustable set of sways is better choice.

Now I'm going to swap out the Nismo G35 springs for a set of 350Z springs to see if I can get a better ride quality and maybe a bit less drop and get the suspension geometry back to stock without using a front camber kit.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 6MT
No, there are some for G's as well, that have a different spring height than the 350Z set. But IMHO the shocks that come in the kit are not good enough for the springs. I wound up installing a set of Koni's and made a huge difference in handling. The sway bars are ok but for the $$ a adjustable set of sways is better choice.

Now I'm going to swap out the Nismo G35 springs for a set of 350Z springs to see if I can get a better ride quality and maybe a bit less drop and get the suspension geometry back to stock without using a front camber kit.
The number one problem your not going to ditch is the fact that you do not have enough bump travel with the Koni's. I guarantee you've been kissing the bump stops in the front, theirby causing ride quality issues. I know, I have Koni's that I converted the front's into coilovers and I happen to be using springs that are exactly the same stiffness as your Nismo springs, 448lbs front. Though mine are linear vs the what appears to me to be one coil loop of progressive spring in the front Nismo setup. That being said, I am at a oem Z drop or 15mm higher then a Nismo S-tune drop. I run a very low amount of spring preload and I have special Koni progressive soft bump stops that have been cut down. Yet, bump travel is simply not enough. I'm ok with things around town, but when condition's are right at highway speeds I get issues related to bouncing on the bump stops in the front. Only way to fix it is to either raise the car (more preload NO thanks, more fender gap NO thanks, higher center of gravity NO thanks,) or to send the shocks back to Koni to decrease piston stroke (not sure how they can do that without also introducing more spring preload and then that add's costs where I have to consider just going to actual coilovers that already have shorter dampners)

Do you still have the Nismo shocks on hand? I'd like to know the distance between the bottom shock mount bolt hole to up very bottom of the threads at the top of the piston shaft (I want to know if the Nismo units have shorter piston shafts vs the Koni's).

Old 04-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately I don't have the S-tune shocks around anymore and my notes indicate that I didn't record the difference in measurements, as you requested. What I remember is that the Koni shocks didn't require a spring compressor to install the springs. Is that from a longer threaded bolt end or a longer stroke, I don't know. But what I can do is measure the front shock when I swap out the springs and see if we can find a set of Nismo shocks to measure as well. I will be measuring the stock shocks VS the Koni ones, though and report.

I'll definitely be checking the bumpstops when I'm working on the car. It could explain the loud suspension squeaking over speed bumps. I thought it may have been the lack of rubber coating on the top end of the Nismo springs VS stock springs.

Hope that helps

Old 04-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Gsedan35, I'm confused. I changed the rims yesterday and while the wheels were off, I looked for the bumpstops. I can't seem to find them on the coupe? Where should I be looking, because I don't see them.

Maybe the coupe and sedan are different?

Other than that, it felt good to drive the car again after so many months of winter hibernation.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm interested in hearing more feedback on the S-tune suspension. I already have the sway bars.

I currently have the Sport setup on my coupe.