Do Not Give Work Wheels Your Business!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Not Give Work Wheels Your Business!!

So when I went to West End Alignment where Darin adjusted my alignment (awesomest alignment place), Darin pointed out that my rear rim had a clean cut crack straight through one of my spokes. While inspecting the wheel there is NO SIGN of shock/impact i.e. bent rims/curbing or anything!!! Also the crack is at a spot that would only crack do to twisting of the spoke, and we all know hondas have so much torque in stock form!!

So I called Works USA to see if they are able to help me out with this situation as it is quite obvious it is a manufactore defect. The first time I called they said since I bought them from my friend I need to prove that they were purchased from an authorized dealer with a recipt etc etc. and that even though warranty is over they would be able to set up a deal for me for a replacement. So a day later I found the recipt, called again and now they are just giving me the finger basically saying your wheel is out of warranty and that "you're on your own". WTF!! I also pointed out what if I were to die and it was proven it was because of the faulty rim, he gave me the BS that Works has a disclaimer WTF!!! this is the WORST service I have ever recieved from a name brand company. apparently WORK WHEELS doesnt care about customer satisfaction, they're only in the business to sale deffective wheels and not care if you die. :angry:

WHEEL LOOKING PERFECT/NEW/MINT

CRACK! b/c my oh so powerfull s2000 has enough torque to put a crack in the spoke!

Old 05-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that blows...that is bad news if it cracks there...that is bad craftsmanship

Old 05-04-2006, 06:53 PM
workin...

yeah that's a bad crack and poor form on work's part

Old 05-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
reminds me of Rota's when those spokes cracked.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your problems.
That's such an obvious flaw.

Small consolation, but.....
I wonder how much this poor customer service is going to cost them in sales.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:16 PM
o wow that sucks... i thought they do like a double inspection before they even get sent out to the distributor

Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it's not Work Superwheels fault. you're the 1st of 0 to have had such a problem. i know about 60 people here in hawaii with the same exact rim and no problems. it had to have happened from after being delivered/mounting and balancing. Work Superwheels will never let that pass inspection. NO WAY.

the fact that you bought them used automatically disqualifies you from getting a direct replacement. the sticker on the wheel states they were made in 2004 too. for someone to be with a rim that long and only find a defect now....sounds quite iffy.

Last edited by sen_jen; 05-04-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
wow that's a huge crack

customer service sounds like greddy.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by sen_jen
it's not Work Superwheels fault. you're the 1st of 0 to have had such a problem. i know about 60 people here in hawaii with the same exact rim and no problems. it had to have happened from after being delivered/mounting and balancing. Work Superwheels will never let that pass inspection. NO WAY.

the fact that you bought them used automatically disqualifies you from getting a direct replacement. the sticker on the wheel states they were made in 2004 too. for someone to be with a rim that long and only find a defect now....sounds quite iffy.
I couldn't agree more. There is no warranty on 2nd hand wheels, folks! If I was Work, I wouldn't honor a 2nd hand claim either. Who knows what the original owner did to those wheels when he owned them?

And FWIW, I've had Works on my 400+ whp S2K for 3 years, with nary an issue. I loved 'em so much, in fact, that I got a set for my M3 as well last year.

Work makes superb wheels. Not saying they're all 100% perfect ('cause nobody is), but this is the 1st I've ever heard of a Work wheel cracking.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
That looks like a vibration stress crack. Like it was driven for many miles with an out of balance tire. I don't know though, I have driven many miles with out of balance wheels with no problems with the rims.

If you had been the original owner, I would say you have a beef. However, as the rims are two years old and second hand, I don't know anyone that would honor that warranty. Still sucks...

Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
THE BATMOBILE
wow sorry to hear man.........that really sucks, fck work

Old 05-05-2006, 12:53 AM
i say do a search and see how many people have the same problems with those wheels and see i there's a class action lawsuit aginst them ,......

Old 05-08-2006, 04:22 PM
There are tons of cars running around with same wheels and this is the first time I have ever heard a bad thing about Work wheels for their quality. I know it sucks, but I understand why they would not warranty the wheels as the warranty has already expired.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. For what it's worth, you have some things stacked against you.

1. You bought it second hand from another owner with unknown usage history.

2. The mfg. warranty has run out.

It is unfortunate to hear from your account that Work responded so negatively on your case. At the least, they could have done a more thorough investigation on their side to see if similar complaints have been logged for that wheel, batch, shipment, etc. and explained to you their liability policy and perhaps offered a referral to a repair service if they could not help you. The hostility shown to customers reaks of smugness and arrogance since phones are ringing off the hooks for new orders and who cares if some dope has a problem. This seems to be the M.O. for most growing and understaffed manufacturers/resellers who only care about next month's account receivables statements. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until Work's fad fades for you to enjoy your revenge because I don't see any recourse for you to receive a free replacement wheel.

Perhaps you should investigate the previous owner and figure out when the crack happened, how the wheels were driven previously, and make a small claims case against the person you bought the wheels from. Then again, I can't imagine how that crack would have missed your inspection at the time of purchase. You did inspect it didn't you?

Good Luck.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM
wow...I've been in the wheel industry business for quite a while now and I know if it's a consumer's improper maintenance or if its manufacturer structural defect...and that one is for sure a manuf. defect...where is the quality control on those rims...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Not Give Work Wheels Your Business!!