G35x Wilwood Painted. BBK Project Complete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madchef
Looks nice, but what tires are those? Look like winter wheels...
I would like to know that and also the wheel size and offset, if you don't mind.

Nice job, by the way.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KrazyEd
Yeah. I am in the market for a BBK and I spoke with StopTech and he stated that their BBK hasent been fit to a G35x so he said that its safe to assume that they dont fit. These are the only ones that I know for a fact that fit on the "X".
I have sent a long email to Matt at stoptech trying to find out why their kit wont work on the X. My short version goes "As far as I know the rotors & pads are standard. The mounting pattern on the knuckle is the same. So unless they made a caliper with a special carriage (why would they do that?). I dont see whats the diffrence." Anyone else know for sure or have part checking ability?

And the wilwoods look sharp.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ma_sha....where you at?

Any updates?

Old 07-04-2006, 07:54 PM
-

Originally Posted by KrazyEd
Yeah. I am in the market for a BBK and I spoke with StopTech and he stated that their BBK hasent been fit to a G35x so he said that its safe to assume that they dont fit. These are the only ones that I know for a fact that fit on the "X".

I am really interested to hear ma_sha1's review

Sorry, just got back from vacation.

The Wilwood BBK is holding up GREAT. Definately worth the Money.

1, Performance: great, but this is really hard to tell, BBK are for track use to endure heat, stock brake is enough. I havn't track the car, bur break feel is excellent wet or dry. No matter which BBK you get, I am sure they all feel good.

2, Weight saving: This is more importlant than most people aware, The Wilwood saved me 8Lbs weight per corner, mostly un sprung weight, this made a HUGE difference in handling, front end is lighter, mure responsive & more smooth when cornering, NOT BRAKING, the weight saving is more like a suspension mod . You won't get the light weight with Stoptech. I wouldn't have up graded if the BBK does't shave weight.

If you have ever upgrded to heavier bigger wheels, you know the heavier feeling when you just made the change. The weight saving of Wilwood BBK reverse that heavy wheel impact.

3, Price: Best price on the market compare to other BBK.

4, Look: This is one of the big reason , just look so dam hot! I can't tolerate the tiny stock brake that look so small on G35x.

5, Spacer usage; I used 22mm spacer. No problem with it. My wheel has big lip & 45mm offset, other wheel may not need such big spacer.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:21 PM
-

Originally Posted by madchef
Looks nice, but what tires are those? Look like winter wheels...
All season tyre. Look dirty because this x goes off road every week on fishing trip. Not a show *****.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:25 PM
-

Originally Posted by headpaneer
I would like to know that and also the wheel size and offset, if you don't mind.

Nice job, by the way.
18x8 PIAA Super Rozza. 45mm offset. 22mm Spacer used.

You should use smaller offset wheel with BBK, that way smaller spacer or no spacer possible. But, smaller offset WITHOUT BBK may rub suspention. Before BBK, I needed 5mm spacer to clear the suspension with 235/45 18.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's good to know. Thanks for the review. I cant wait to get them.

Originally Posted by ma_sha1
Sorry, just got back from vacation.

The Wilwood BBK is holding up GREAT. Definately worth the Money.

1, Performance: great, but this is really hard to tell, BBK are for track use to endure heat, stock brake is enough. I havn't track the car, bur break feel is excellent wet or dry. No matter which BBK you get, I am sure they all feel good.

2, Weight saving: This is more importlant than most people aware, The Wilwood saved me 8Lbs weight per corner, mostly un sprung weight, this made a HUGE difference in handling, front end is lighter, mure responsive & more smooth when cornering, NOT BRAKING, the weight saving is more like a suspension mod . You won't get the light weight with Stoptech. I wouldn't have up graded if the BBK does't shave weight.

If you have ever upgrded to heavier bigger wheels, you know the heavier feeling when you just made the change. The weight saving of Wilwood BBK reverse that heavy wheel impact.

3, Price: Best price on the market compare to other BBK.

4, Look: This is one of the big reason , just look so dam hot! I can't tolerate the tiny stock brake that look so small on G35x.

5, Spacer usage; I used 22mm spacer. No problem with it. My wheel has big lip & 45mm offset, other wheel may not need such big spacer.