Tein Basic Coil-Over on 20's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jw0039
Didn't know the 6MT was available in Sedans. who wants a slower car? (boy im gonna get it from the 4-door owners) !! vodkarocket didn't give much advise. seems like more of the smart a** type. Thanks for the input quick16 and blackstevo8. Seems like I won't have any clearance issues. Took pics of the wheels/tires and clearance this morning. the pics I took last night didn't come out good. (Man I wish I had my Sony USB cable).

yes vodkarocket i didn't use capital letters to begin all my sentences, sorrie.....
I meant to say sorry. (can't speal well either)
You are an ignorant little fvck- my automatic sedan will run circles around you. Your wheel/tire combo mounted to a coupe or a sedan would come out looking extremely different. Instead of trying to come up with some pathetic insults, you should be digging for more information. Clearance problems are attributed not only to the specs of the tires, but mostly to the wheel offsets. The posters above saying they have perfect fitment of 20's on Tein Basic's does not guarantee yours will fit. If you supplied the offset information, we would be able to tell you if your planned combo would fit.

As for my spelling, grammar, and comprehension skills, I attribute that to the completion of middle school.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 05-18-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
You are an ignorant little fvck- my automatic sedan will run circles around you. Your wheel/tire combo mounted to a coupe or a sedan would come out looking extremely different. Instead of trying to come up with some pathetic insults, you should be digging for more information. Clearance problems are attributed not only to the specs of the tires, but mostly to the wheel offsets. The posters above saying they have perfect fitment of 20's on Tein Basic's does not guarantee yours will fit. If you supplied the offset information, we would be able to tell you if your planned combo would fit.

As for my spelling, grammar, and comprehension skills, I attribute that to the completion of middle school.
Don't hold back bro. Tell him how you feel.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Finally. Thanks for some help vodkarocket.

Ur still a smart a**. Just because you have some "knowledge" doesn't give you the right to act like a *****.

1) I'm on a suspension forum. If I was interested in running circles around your car I would look on a circle forum.

2) If you asked me a question that pertained to network engineering (which I do for a living) I would be happy to help. Even if you gave me information I wasn't looking for. Why? Cause I realize not every1 is as smart as you.

3) Good come back.

Don't worry vodkarocket I'll have dreams of you, Barney, and I drifting together. Barney will be in the back seat. You and I up front. We'll drift until the sun sets on 20" wheels. I'll enter a corner gracefully; pull the e-brake, and loose traction. My tires will grip; I'll overcorrect, and hit a tree. Barney is sad now. Very purple and sad.

Honestly thanks for the input......
I'll admit I didn't give you the information you asked for at first.
I'll supply the wheel offsets information later tonight.
That will make Barney smile again.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by jw0039
Finally. Thanks for some help vodkarocket.

Ur still a smart a**. Just because you have some "knowledge" doesn't give you the right to act like a *****.

1) I'm on a suspension forum. If I was interested in running circles around your car I would look on a circle forum.

2) If you asked me a question that pertained to network engineering (which I do for a living) I would be happy to help. Even if you gave me information I wasn't looking for. Why? Cause I realize not every1 is as smart as you.

3) Good come back.

Don't worry vodkarocket I'll have dreams of you, Barney, and I drifting together. Barney will be in the back seat. You and I up front. We'll drift until the sun sets on 20" wheels. I'll enter a corner gracefully; pull the e-brake, and loose traction. My tires will grip; I'll overcorrect, and hit a tree. Barney is sad now. Very purple and sad.

Honestly thanks for the input......
I'll admit I didn't give you the information you asked for at first.
I'll supply the wheel offsets information later tonight.
That will make Barney smile again.
My comment about running circles around your car was in reference to your statement that the coupe is faster than the sedan. I'm not in any way a smart azz; just do a search for any of my previous posts and you will see that I am more than willing to help anybody. But, I can't give you answers when you haven't formulated a question and when you don't give me the variables that will determine the outcome of this question.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 05-18-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Wink

Front-to-Rear

Rear-to-Front

Front Clearance

Rear Clearance

Rear Sway Bars

My sway bars are actually Stillen, previously I stated they were Eibach.
I would like to drop the car .9" in the rear and 1.5" in the front.

vodkarocket im not sure if any numbers below represent my offset. i typed directly off my invoice:

20x8.5 Stern ST-2 5x114.3 + 20 Black
20x9.5 Stern ST-2 5x114.3 + 25 Black

Old 05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Talking

Oh Boy.......

Old 05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Talking

Front coil overs were as low as they can go, then we raised it 1/2".
Rear coil overs are as low as they can go, but not without rolling the fenders.
When I put on the sway bars I had a lot more oversteer while cornering hard. The negative camber after the drop def fixes the oversteer issue.
Let see how long my new tires last.

Drop Front Clearance

Drop Rear Clearance

Drop Front to Rear

Drop Rear to Front

Old 05-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Modded Member
Looks good, perfect height.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:17 PM
THE BATMOBILE
looks damn good

Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
thanks guyz I'm glad you like it.
my next mods pertain to the motor.
i'll have to start a new thread.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
"My sway bars are actually Stillen, previously I stated they were Eibach.
I would like to drop the car .9" in the rear and 1.5" in the front."

sorry to jack-in but wut is the diff. between the gold stillen sways and red ones...

Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
looks very good. if you dont mind, what did you pay for the installation?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by brittain
looks very good. if you dont mind, what did you pay for the installation?
thanks for the compliment. I got a friend who owns a car accessories shop. http://www.precisionmarketinginc.com Free installation on wheels/tires and Tein coil-overs. I re-installed Windows XP and all his applications on his laptop as a thank you. We both were happy.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hows the ride feel with the car lowered because I wanna get the tein basics but im afraid the rides gunna be really uncomfortable

Old 05-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by digi19
hows the ride feel with the car lowered because I wanna get the tein basics but im afraid the rides gunna be really uncomfortable
I wouldn't say the ride is really uncomfortable. Mine are low as they can go in the rear and about 1/2 up from low as you can go in the front. My buddy who installed the coil-overs has Tein Flex on his RSX and his ride is stiff.

Tein Flex=really stiff=uncomfortable
Tein Basic=stiffer=bearable

On the highway or well-engineered streets you only realize the benefits of the Tein basic setup. You won't even notice you have them installed until you barrel into right hand turn at 40mph. (which is a good thing)

Tein basic coil-overs are perfect if you want better handling/looks and bearable ride quality. Get em, the ladies will thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tein Basic Coil-Over on 20's