G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes-Vendor (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-vendor-196/)
-   -   Two piece rotors for G37S (front) offered by RacingBrake (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-vendor/303299-two-piece-rotors-g37s-front-offered-racingbrake.html)

G35xQX1 08-25-2009 02:31 AM

Well, at least you are ~200lbs lighter than us AWD people. But yeah, I was quite shocked when I learned about the weight of the Akebono rotors as well as the calipers themselves.
As for your GT30's, beauty comes at a "heavy" price, but it's a nice price to pay :biggthumpup:

InTgr8r 08-25-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E (Post 4501562)
Cuz I have pads left and I'd like to run them out first... or I'll just use the oem rotors until i've used all the pads. haha

I was thinking of getting some P-Mu pads tho'...

IMO, If you want to run out your pads do it on the OE rotors.
I would always install new pads with new rotors.

InTgr8r 08-25-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by b l u e s l a t e (Post 4501916)
that's my biggest reason why i'm considering this. I've added so much unsprung weight since i put 20" wheels/tires and bbk... I hope this will make a huge difference for me.

^+10000 :)

RacingBrake 08-25-2009 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E (Post 4501916)
That's my biggest reason why I'm considering this. I've added so much unsprung weight since I put 20" wheels/tires and BBK... I hope this will make a huge difference for me.

I will probably make it out to a local meet at some point. If I do go, I'll bring the OE rotor for the Akebono's and let you feel how heavy they are. I'll also bring another one of our two piece rotors around our target weight so you can feel the difference.

The OE rotors definately feel heavier than 29.5 lbs.

-Clint

RacingBrake 08-25-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E (Post 4501464)
Can we still use the OEM Akebono pads with these rotors? (I'm sure you can... but just had to ask).

Originally Posted by InTgr8r (Post 4502223)
IMO, If you want to run out your pads do it on the OE rotors.
I would always install new pads with new rotors.

BLUESLATE,

You can run the OE pads on the rotors, but as InTgr8r said, it would be a good idea to install new pads with new rotors. Once you have your new pads and rotors, follow the Street Break In procedure.

We are currently checking with Hawk to offer Akebono owners a great deal for brake pads. We will keep everyone updated.

soundmike 08-25-2009 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E (Post 4501916)
That's my biggest reason why I'm considering this. I've added so much unsprung weight since I put 20" wheels/tires and BBK... I hope this will make a huge difference for me.

If it is indeed going to be at least an 11 lbs. weight savings, you should certainly feel it. Although, when i switched over to lightweight rims and tires (about 8lbs. savings overall/wheel) i didn't really feel anything... granted, the weight was also pushed further out since i was upsizing.

If anything, the 2pc will most certainly be for thermal performance first.

Btw, Infiniti has R-Spec pads for the Akebono's as well.

soundmike 08-25-2009 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by RacingBrake (Post 4494423)
RacingBrake is pleased to offer G35Driver.com members an exclusive deal on a two-piece rotor that can replace 08-09 Infiniti G37S bulky and heavy OE rotors (w/Akebono calipers), and as a BBK upgrade for G35. We measured the OE rotors and will design and build a much lighter rotor while retaining OE fitment and superior quality standards.

By the way, have you considered posting on MyG37? There's certainly a larger group of Akebono-equipped drivers there. We'd go through the first 10 pretty fast.

goodtwogo 08-25-2009 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by RacingBrake (Post 4501214)
I am sure you guys understand that these rotors only work with Akebono calipers, so for G37S owners they are just a bolt on upgrades, but for those G35 drivers you must make sure you can purchase these Akebono calipers before commit to orders - just a word of caution.

Along this same line of caution and because I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, I thought it might be worth mentioning that (according to Riverside Infiniti folks) the G37 BBK kit will not work with the factory rims on the '07/'08 G35 sedans w/Sport. SO...don't forget to add the cost of some new rims to go along with the BBK expense... BOOO! :mad:

Count me as another customer for a two piece rotor for the stock 07/08 sport brakes.

RacingBrake 08-26-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by soundmike (Post 4502801)
By the way, have you considered posting on MyG37? There's certainly a larger group of Akebono-equipped drivers there. We'd go through the first 10 pretty fast.

We are currently not a sponsored vendor on MyG37, but if you know of any Akebono equipped drivers there, let them know about this deal! :)

soundmike 08-26-2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by RacingBrake (Post 4505499)
We are currently not a sponsored vendor on MyG37, but if you know of any Akebono equipped drivers there, let them know about this deal! :)

:biggthumpup:

http://myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/19...pc-rotors.html

InTgr8r 08-26-2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by RacingBrake (Post 4505499)

....same goes for (the 370z) forum

RacingBrake 08-26-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by goodtwogo (Post 4502852)
Along this same line of caution and because I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, I thought it might be worth mentioning that (according to Riverside Infiniti folks) the G37 BBK kit will not work with the factory rims on the '07/'08 G35 sedans w/Sport. SO...don't forget to add the cost of some new rims to go along with the BBK expense... BOOO! :mad:

Count me as another customer for a two piece rotor for the stock 07/08 sport brakes.

goodtwogo,

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll add a notice to the first post to make sure everyone is aware of fitment applications.

WhosUrBuddiee 08-26-2009 02:05 PM

Can you do drilled/slotted or only the open slotted?

RacingBrake 08-26-2009 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 4505957)
Can you do drilled/slotted or only the open slotted?

WhosUrBuddiee,

We are only offering slotted or open slot finishes with this offer.

Here's a link for more information regarding Slotted vs Drilled/Slotted vs Open Slot

I think you'll find this very informative.

WhosUrBuddiee 08-26-2009 02:15 PM

I saw that. I am not an agressive driver. I just want drilled/slotted purely for looks reason.