Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Is it possible for me to Swap/Trade my lease for another Infinti without a fine/fee?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Is it possible for me to Swap/Trade my lease for another Infinti without a fine/fee?

Well, I just noticed I made a bad move by leasing an 06 G35 coupe for 3 years...

I did the deal about 6 months ago without really thinking about the future, in other words, 08 G35 coupe!

So my question is, can I swap or trade my current lease with a new lease from the same dealership without a fine or additional charge?

I know Im probably going to loose some money on the lease, which doesnt worry me. But im just really anxious to know if I will get an additional charge for ending a lease, although theoritically it isnt ending a lease, its more like swapping or trading a lease.

So, any comments?

Thanks for any inputs.

PS. Please make sure you know what you're talking about before you post, or you might make my hopes of leasing/buying an 08 coupe go down the drain!

Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why dont you ask the dealer....

Old 12-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I did... but they werent open at the time.

I guess I can say Im impatient

Old 12-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had an 05 g35x for a 3 year lease and earlier this year decided i wanted an 06 coupe..basically call infiniti financial services, have your account number ready, and they'll tell you your payoff. basically if you wanna 'trade' it in to the dealer, you will have to incur the difference between your payoff amount and the value that they're giving your car on a trade in. it can be any type of amount, depending on your down payment and other things based on the value of your car. also, since you leased your car only 6 months ago, you don't qualify for the early termination fee, which IFS told me you can get that quote after you post your 12th payment.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Well, I just noticed I made a bad move by leasing an 06 G35 coupe for 3 years...

I did the deal about 6 months ago without really thinking about the future, in other words, 08 G35 coupe!

So my question is, can I swap or trade my current lease with a new lease from the same dealership without a fine or additional charge?

I know Im probably going to loose some money on the lease, which doesnt worry me. But im just really anxious to know if I will get an additional charge for ending a lease, although theoritically it isnt ending a lease, its more like swapping or trading a lease.

So, any comments?

Thanks for any inputs.

PS. Please make sure you know what you're talking about before you post, or you might make my hopes of leasing/buying an 08 coupe go down the drain!

What type of fine/charge are you thinking about?, When you trade it in? there is no "early termination" charge, no lease disposition/turn-in fee, no excessive wear/tear fee, no excessive milege fee, altho last two might lower the value of your trade. you can trade it in at any dealership for any car, only thing I can think about trade it in at same dealership is that they might offer you bit higher trade in value or give you a bit of discount on the new car, but should have no affect whether they will charge you extra fee or not.