Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Refuse a car after signing contract?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Refuse a car after signing contract?

If you were to purchase a car that is still on delivery and say when it arrives there is an issue with it, can you refuse to take delivery on it or are you screwed?

Old 01-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
i think you are obligated to the contract once it is signed. There might be a couple exceptions such as if the seller said everything is in perfect condition and you have it in writing and the car arives and is like totaled im sure with these types of problems you can get out of it.

-sean

Old 01-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No you are not obligated after signing. The contract is sealed once you take delivery. You can negotiate, pay any kind of down payment, sign the contract and still walk away as long as you do not take delivery.

I've done it on new and used car deals. I'm in California so it could be state/county thing, although I've been on credit forums where the autmotive moderator was a finance guy for a dealer in Florida and he stated the same.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As long as you don't drive the car out of the dealer lot you can rip the contract in front of them and walk away. Now if you do drive the car out of the lot then that's another story.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by glennp_1999
As long as you don't drive the car out of the dealer lot you can rip the contract in front of them and walk away. Now if you do drive the car out of the lot then that's another story.

That doesn't include if you test drive it before contract signing right (stupid qusetion, but just want to be clear )

Old 01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kewltea
That doesn't include if you test drive it before contract signing right (stupid qusetion, but just want to be clear )
No, you test drive the living daylights out of the car then sign the paperwork.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
dont know about other states but I know in VA you have 48 hours after leaving the dealership to return the car. yep thats right 48 hours LEGALLY...teh dealer will of course try to tell you otherwise...but I have done it and the dealer couldnt do JACK!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.