Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

G35 , CLK55 AMG or Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Boxter S all the way. Whoever is talking **** about the boxter never drove one. From those three i would go with the Boxter S. It is fast, has handling like no other.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that all 3 cars have certain attractive qualities about them but I do like the styling of the G much better than the CLK and with the new Cayman out who is really looking at a Boxster these days anyway? My cousin picked up a CLK and I think it is a fine car but as far as the cost of maintenance and modding, be prepared to pay a lot of money for this thing. Just because your car say MB or Porsche you mine as well open up a fund for your car like most people do for college for their kids.

Even though I am sure that I am somewhat bias being a G owner, I would still take it because the CLK was one of my choices when I bought my G back in 2003. Bang for buck the G was all around a better deal. Who wants to pay for like a 30-35% mark up just because you got a broken peace sign on the back of your car? Plus around my neighborhood you mostly see young little rich girls driving around in them. Just not my style.

But hey...if money is no object, a modded out CLK would be really nice, but if I were to mod a MB I would want to do the CL65 even though it's not on the list of choices.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Boxter S all the way. Whoever is talking **** about the boxter never drove one. From those three i would go with the Boxter S. It is fast, has handling like no other.

Are you talking about the 986 or latest 987?

Because all of the 986 were unimpresive performance-wise, atleast for me, which was the model I assumed the OP was talking about.

The latest Boxster S with the revised engine (07) is definately fast and impresses me performance-wise, even though the styling isnt my taste.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Are you talking about the 986 or latest 987?

Because all of the 986 were unimpresive performance-wise, atleast for me, which was the model I assumed the OP was talking about.

The latest Boxster S with the revised engine (07) is definately fast and impresses me performance-wise, even though the styling isnt my taste.

986 is just as fast as the 6MT g35 on the strait, and will rape a close to stock G35 in twisties. 987 will rape the G35 in anything. I do agree that boxters usually don't look good.

Last edited by Klubbheads; 02-05-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
986 is just as fast as the 6MT g35 on the strait, and will rape a close to stock G35 in twisties. 987 will rape the G35 in anything. I do agree that boxters usually don't look good.
I know I agree

That "S" in Boxster makes a big difference

If only it looked as good as the new cayman...

Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I am in a similar boat. Here is my honest opinion. No pun intended.

1) G35? you gonna hook up a charger, cuz stock is slow as shiet. Looks great though. I know this is a G forum, sorry guys.
2) 01 CLK? Have you seen who are driving those cars? 40-50 geezers who think they are rich. They are ugly as shiet. If you get a CLK, get the 03+. 03s are dropping to the low 20s. Great deal. Not AMG though. But you are asking between these three cars, you ain't about speed anyway.
3) 02 Box S. For those who say the Box is shiet, I would have to agree that you are talking shiet out of your azz. You simply have never driven one. I know the back looks like the front, but it's a blast to drive. If you are talking about 0-60, get a EVO. If you are talking about driving a Porsche that 90% of the people on the road thinks it's an expensive car, get the Box. Just an insider here, you can bolt on the front-end from a 05 Carrera (997) right onto the Box with no mods. Don't think anyone can say anything about the looks now.

My two cents.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by whitem3

1) G35? you gonna hook up a charger, cuz stock is slow as shiet. Looks great though. I know this is a G forum, sorry guys.
May i rape u with my 4 door?

Old 02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Retired SuperMod

2) 01 CLK? Have you seen who are driving those cars? 40-50 geezers who think they are rich. They are ugly as shiet. If you get a CLK, get the 03+. 03s are dropping to the low 20s. Great deal. Not AMG though. But you are asking between these three cars, you ain't about speed anyway.
3) 02 Box S. For those who say the Box is shiet, I would have to agree that you are talking shiet out of your azz. You simply have never driven one. I know the back looks like the front, but it's a blast to drive. If you are talking about 0-60, get a EVO. If you are talking about driving a Porsche that 90% of the people on the road thinks it's an expensive car, get the Box. Just an insider here, you can bolt on the front-end from a 05 Carrera (997) right onto the Box with no mods. Don't think anyone can say anything about the looks now.

My two cents.

Let me guess, you own a Boxster

I have always been curious as of why people like you join the forum to say stupid **** like this.

Why waste your time?

Oh, no wait, Let me guess... You dont own any of these cars right?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I guess some of you guys have problems with other's comments. Not a problem, you are entitled to yours no matter how useless it is, but that's better than spreading misinformation. Nothing personal.

I like the G coupe, don't get me wrong. Like I said, I think they look great, but a bit lacking on the power department.

That's correct, I don't own any of those cars. I was/am in the same shoes as the poster, and that is exactly what I think about those 3 cars. I had a 350z (too slow), and a X5. Now I have a 05 M3, hence the SN. I am here to get some info on the 08 coupe. Anymore questions?

Last edited by whitem3; 02-06-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Well you guys are helping me alot, i already have a VR4, and a Porsche, yet its a 1961 356 with 0 miles on it, full restore, but thats my dads, along with the VR4 which has never been washed off or in the rain before, so what im looking for is an everyday car, yet nice, fast, i know the G isnt that fast but its not slow, and it has a huge market for parts, the boxster, looks great, handles, but still lacks power, the CLK has the power but IMO lacks style so, i ask you guys and please keep them coming, this will help me decide. thanks again guys.

Right now the more i look at your cars, i lean towards the G35.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Retired SuperMod
Frank,

Have you test driven all three?

Im sure that would give you a better understanding of what you want.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:53 PM

He said w208 CLK55 AMG...He's not asking about the regular clk...number 2) is worthless information...

The clk55 isn't the fastest car out there but there is no way that you can call that car slow...i know i've driven one...the handling and power is great...

Last edited by bull3t; 02-06-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 PM
The Boxter S would get taken out of the mix in the question....

Thats like getting a Mustang V-6, 16 year old girls need cars too, if you are going to get one then get a cayman, carrerra, or tanga!

I like the body styling of both AMG and G35... The G would be more common, yet the AMG wouldn't stick out nearly as much unless it was to the trained eye (somebody who knew what they were looking for).

Just take the two cars out for a drive and see what you enjoy more, take it up into some twisties and straight aways and test braking and just over all ride quality... Just don't get the Boxter!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 12:39 AM
I didn't say anything about clk55 being slow. But that's cool. The same ppl who has those cars are the same ones driving c5 vettes, you get the picture.

Originally Posted by bull3t
The clk55 isn't the fastest car out there but there is no way that you can call that car slow...i know i've driven one...the handling and power is great...
Have you thought about getting a NA Supra? I am working with a seller for a black 93 with hardtop for about 12k. Sure it's old, and has a lot of miles, but dump 10k into it, you can have suspension redone, a 2JZ BPU++ with over 450hp. My point is that you don't see supras often, and they still get the respect. My personal fav is a black wingless hardtop. You can drop the weight down to 3300lbs without sacrificing daily comfort.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Well , i have a VR4 and an AWD eclipse, and Nissan/Infiniti - and Mitsubishi are without a doubt the best *** cars, the rest i like German cars, or anything european, as far as american cars go, ehhh they make nothing worth looking at. To me all american cars are worthless.

Supras are ok, but not into them.

Oh yeah, ive been meaning to ask you guys and forgot, ok first
1.) an automatic G35 with engine work and a charger, will it hit 13's
2.) if the car is lowered with sway bars, strut bars, will 19 inch wheels rub the fenders, if not what wheel/tire size can you go without rubbing?

Thanks.

Last edited by FrankPark; 02-07-2007 at 01:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 , CLK55 AMG or Boxster S