Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Lease Return

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease Return

My lease is up in October and I will be returning the car. I have my windows tinted, debadged, black front grill, some curb rash on a couple rims, playstation installed to work with nav system, and an ipod connection which in turn does not allow the cd changer to work.

Will I have to take all this stuff out/replace and fix the curb rash? Most of the things are easy to change back but maybe if I leave them in there they will give me a break on something else that they may try to charge me with? What are your thoughts here?

Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately it's back to stock for you buddy unless your buying out your lease... then they won't hassle you for anything

Old 06-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You are responsible for returning the car in the condition it was leased, minus normal wear and tear.

You'll want to remove all of your mods, minus the window tint.

You will be charged for the wheel rash, unless you get it repaired first. The grill, they will probably not charge you for unless it is a flat black. The CD changer must be restored to working condition, but the ipod connector can be left if in you can make it work with the changer.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
You are responsible for returning the car in the condition it was leased, minus normal wear and tear.

You'll want to remove all of your mods, minus the window tint.

You will be charged for the wheel rash, unless you get it repaired first. The grill, they will probably not charge you for unless it is a flat black. The CD changer must be restored to working condition, but the ipod connector can be left if in you can make it work with the changer.
It all depends on the dealership. Some dealer's won't make you turn your car back to stock, but they won't give you back your mods. I recently turned in a RSX with massive curbrash and was never charged for it (probably went with normal wear and tear). Stereo mods are generally deemed okay, provided everything works. If you purchase another vehicle from that same dealership, they will be extremely lenient with your return.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really didn't know what to expect and now I have a general feeling for what I have to do to the car in order to return it.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
It all depends on the dealership. Some dealer's won't make you turn your car back to stock, but they won't give you back your mods. I recently turned in a RSX with massive curbrash and was never charged for it (probably went with normal wear and tear). Stereo mods are generally deemed okay, provided everything works. If you purchase another vehicle from that same dealership, they will be extremely lenient with your return.
it is NOT based on the dealership.

The inspections are done by a third party, that comes out to your house/work at your convenience. All the dealership does is hold on to the car until IFS comes out to pick up the car.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:59 AM
cant you just sell your car when the lease is almost up, and pay the buyoff price.. that is to say that you can sell the car for more than the buyoff value (residual?)

Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 PM
theoretically, yes.

You do also have to pay the buyout fee if you choose to take that option, which is $150 (pays for the safety inspection).

Old 07-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Mike,

When returning a lease and you opt to buy out the car is the purchase price negotiable or are you obligated to buy it at the remaining residual value?

Old 07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tints OK
Playstation take out
Grill off
Debadge - rebadged
minor curb rash should be OK

I just returned mine... They didnt really test anything on the interior, just looked close at the exterior. I returned my ipod interface with the car.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by soifigured
Mike,

When returning a lease and you opt to buy out the car is the purchase price negotiable or are you obligated to buy it at the remaining residual value?
You are contractually bound to purchase at the residual price; there is no negotiation involved.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
You can trade it in before the lease end. I did that with my frist g35, I had less miles on it than i was allowed, and it was in perfect condition. I traded it in and had $1000 equity that i used down on my next G.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:20 PM
That's opposite the situation I'm in >.<. I'm over milage by about 10k, so I plan on just buying the car. I pretty much boxed myself in on this one.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by soifigured
That's opposite the situation I'm in >.<. I'm over milage by about 10k, so I plan on just buying the car. I pretty much boxed myself in on this one.
That's the advice I try to give everyone; the lower payment is nice, but you do have to keep in mind how much you may be driving.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally would never ever lease a car. That is a waste of money and at the end you are either giving it back for nothing or you have to pay A LOT to pay off the remaining when you add what you have paid for the lease so far and the remainder. If you can't afford a new one then buy an used one but don't lease, that's my advice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lease Return