Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I'm dead-set on my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerKneeCrush
i hope you die in an accident if your parents are buying you a G for your first car
what a lovely thing to say!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
i hope you die in an accident if your parents are buying you a G for your first car
Wow, you are an ignorant douche bag.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cardinal rule of buying a teenager their first car

BUY them a disposable one.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Every car is disposable, and Gs are cheap now.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you all once again for all of the feed back, I've been taking my time and doing lots and lots or research, and I'm probably going to go with "NoHomo" 's advice; if I get a G, 'm going to keep it bone stock for a while, just to get me to classes and to work. When I finish all of my schooling I'm going to look for project car(s). You guys are the best.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by RB-X GT2
Thank you all once again for all of the feed back, I've been taking my time and doing lots and lots or research, and I'm probably going to go with "NoHomo" 's advice; if I get a G, 'm going to keep it bone stock for a while, just to get me to classes and to work. When I finish all of my schooling I'm going to look for project car(s). You guys are the best.
thats a good thinking i mean when i was 19 i got a civic dx it was slow like a turtle and i modded and still slow LOL get in trouble a lot of times with cops LOL i wasn't a reckless driver but sometime i didn't thought the consequences of driving fast! I spent almost 12k in that garbage car and after passing a green light somebody crash me and it was totaled i lost all the money i spent modding the car , i mean with that money i could paid my career or invested in something that can make me richer LOL
If i were you i invest the money in something that i know i can earn money and when i have a lot then buy a car BMW M3, G37 coupe,Audi RS4 etc and modded just my thinking sorry for the grammar i was in a hurry

Old 11-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Teens will end up crashing in a G not because it's faster, not because its RWD, but because they dont maintain the cars.

The tires barely last 10-15k miles. After that, you'll taking a huge risking driving this thing in the winter.

People hydroplane in these G's like nothing. My car has 9k miles and the tires almost need replacing already.

Compare that to my S2k which had 80K miles on the tires and still had 70% tread left on them.

And the thing is, I drive like a granny in the G. I baby this car.

Not stopping you from your "dreams" of having this car, but you're young, no job and its going to cost $$$ to maintain this car. And you're already thinking about modding the car? You need to save of for some tires every 10-15k miles.

Not adding, insurance, Gas, Oil change every 4months.

You're 15? You should be worrying about other things than bills.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Jibberjabbers, you don't know what you're talking about.

Me and wannabe6mt (two of the teenagers that drive a G on this forum) probably are some of the most meticulous members about maintaining our cars, especially as a DD.

Just because someone is younger doesn't mean they don't know how to maintain a vehicle. I see more totaled half sport cars by 30+ guys than I see teenagers and the majority of my friends drive nice cars.

I drove by a guy today, that drove a WRX off of an on ramp, guess how old he was.

I hate naive comments like yours.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People can be such hypocrites. So what if his parents buy him a car!? Im pretty sure at some point in your lives some one had to help you out some way. You might be able to put yourself on a pedestal and say that you bought your own car when you were his age or some bs like that but does that mean that every other teenager should have to as well?? Many also talk about him buying mods like everybody on here has stock cars. Most of you guys that put on turbos and TT kits and try and squeeze 500+ whp out of these cars on the street, for what? The only reason your bitching is because you may have been less fortunate than him at his age. The only difference between him and most of the one's that are bitching is your age because ultimately you are doing the same thing as him: getting a sports car and modding the **** out of it. Come to think of it, your practically setting the example!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
My first car was a 91 Nissan Sentra, which I drove for a good 3 years or so... Then I got my first "good" car, 99 Nissan Maxima which I still enjoy driving...

All of us are saying is that, try to buy a cheap first car and beatable one so you don't feel bad when you make stupid mistakes... I mean when you first driving you are prone to make stupid mistakes like hitting a car while parking or hit bump or something. If your car gets beat up, I don't mean accidents or anything like that just scratches and bumps you won't feel as bad when compared to an expensive car such as Infinite G35/37....

Old 11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Be smart, and respect the vehicle.

Any driver, can wreck any car, at any given moment. Doesn't matter Age, Race, Religion, Driver skill, or Gender.

The less things you have to distract you, the better off. For example, I am 25, have been driving and modifying cars since I was 16. I do not drive with my radio on. Some people say I am nuts, but to me it is a distraction. I also put my phone on vibrate in the center console.

Iunno, I realize I am not the norm with the things I do, but I have never had an accident that was my fault.(Rear ended while sitting at a stop light once.) Nor have I had a close call.

I am not saying my techniques are right for you, but they have worked for me so far.

But being young, you seem intelligent, and educated. Just be smart, and understand that you have 3000+ LBS of metal wrapped around your skull that takes 15 foot lbs. to shatter.

Biggest thing young kids do is show off, usually in mommy/daddy bought first cars. They generally don't appreciate them because they didn't do anything to get the car but be born. You are paying for your car.

Cliff Notes: Don't be an arrogant little showoff, respect the car, appreciate the car, and pay attention.

Reguards,
Brandon

Old 11-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Just understand that when you need work done on the car... its costs $$$$. Replacement parts are EXPENSIVE. I got into an accident (ran over a speed bump with a terrorist barrier in it that was messed up) and the stock parts for my exhaust (manifolds, cats, exhaust) was $6400. The tires are expensive also. at least 900 for a full set. I dont want to crush your dreams but you might be able to get one for a relatively low price but maintenance is going to eat you alive. Also you will have to deal with the haters who will mess with your car because they know how much you love it.

Get a beater, save money up and get a G when you go to college. you will be a more experienced driver then and you will still get girls because it is a hot car. LOL

Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds like your the one who needs to sell the G and buy a beater..

Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Jibberjabbers, you don't know what you're talking about.

Me and wannabe6mt (two of the teenagers that drive a G on this forum) probably are some of the most meticulous members about maintaining our cars, especially as a DD.

Just because someone is younger doesn't mean they don't know how to maintain a vehicle. I see more totaled half sport cars by 30+ guys than I see teenagers and the majority of my friends drive nice cars.

I drove by a guy today, that drove a WRX off of an on ramp, guess how old he was.

I hate naive comments like yours.
+1
I agree completely. My father always tells me I am way to **** about my car. Washing and waxing every week, and always doing something to it. I know more about detailing than him and he's 30+ years older than me. I am 18.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Titan23
People can be such hypocrites. So what if his parents buy him a car!? Im pretty sure at some point in your lives some one had to help you out some way. You might be able to put yourself on a pedestal and say that you bought your own car when you were his age or some bs like that but does that mean that every other teenager should have to as well?? Many also talk about him buying mods like everybody on here has stock cars. Most of you guys that put on turbos and TT kits and try and squeeze 500+ whp out of these cars on the street, for what? The only reason your bitching is because you may have been less fortunate than him at his age. The only difference between him and most of the one's that are bitching is your age because ultimately you are doing the same thing as him: getting a sports car and modding the **** out of it. Come to think of it, your practically setting the example!
Very well said sir.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm dead-set on my G