Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I'm dead-set on my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I would rather not have a car if I were going to show off and boast, it's just a beautiful car, and I've always had my eye on it.
but I AM keeping my eye out for many different cars.

If not a G then I'm considering
Hyundai Genesis coupe, <<which is pretty B.A.
BMW 330ci,
(older model) M3,
Honda Accord,
Mitsubishi Evo IX,
Eclipse GT,
Lexus Is230,

or I've always wanted to restore a classic like a
Nissan bluebird,
Datsun Fairlady Z 300zx (1972)
Camaro SS (1965-75)
or Mustang
or build a silvia or hakku roku ae86.

but I would LOVE any G35,I never really cared too much about the 37.
I love the sedans to death too. (see modified mag's featured g35)

I just want something I call my own, and spend hours upon hours staring at just smiling, and something I can wash every chance I get and I can call 'my baby'

Old 08-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by RB-X GT2
If not a G then I'm considering
Hyundai Genesis coupe, <<which is pretty B.A.
BMW 330ci,
(older model) M3,
Honda Accord,
Mitsubishi Evo IX,
Eclipse GT
Lexus Is230,

or I've always wanted to restore a classic like a
Nissan bluebird,
Datsun Fairlady Z 300zx (1972)
Camaro SS (1965-75)
or Mustang
or build a silvia or hakku roku ae86.

but I would LOVE any G35,I never really cared too much about the 37.
I love the sedans to death too. (see modified mag's featured g35)

I just want something I call my own, and spend hours upon hours staring at just smiling, and something I can wash every chance I get and I can call 'my baby'
If your going to get a Eclipse the GSX is the best one to shoot for...however i wouldn't recommend them. And as far as the silvia and Hachi Roku are concerned the are very played out. If your gonna get a 86 get one as a project not a car your actually gonna drive. Parts are extremely hard to come by and almost 8 times out of 10 custom made. You'll get respect from some people but your not going to be taken seriously since Intial D and the whole Drift scene ruined what rep that car did have from the 80's.

Any S chassis you get is going to cost you lots of money. If you choose to do a engine swap which you probably will your going to pay alot of money if you want to get it done right. Its easy to get SR's RB's or if you wanna get props a CA. The problem is alot of people just drop them in without taking their time and rebuilding the motor while its out. Have everything replaced and rebuilt then drop it in and have it done by a shop that has worked on it before and has a rep for the swap. Also conversions have been done to the extreme and cost so much money for a front clip.

IMO get a G35 and then find a beater to make into a project car...Take it from someone who has had their far share of Honda projects and Nissan projects. It is not worth the headache and funds...

Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
dude get a cheap daily driver first then worry about a project car. all of my friends that buy project cars/fast cars right away end up suffering when those cars inevitably take a poo on them at some point or another. you def need a reliable car to drive on the side.

g would be great for that but im just warning you like the guy who said first car is a total, almost every single person i know around my age had some kind of accident with their first cars if not totaling it... and i would hate to have you see that happen to your g that youve worked so hard for.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Listen man, I say this as someone who is 20. Its not a super car, race car, etc......but compared to a good number of cars on the road, its considerably more powerful, and is good around the corners. You will try to push it, and invariably, you will screw up at some point.

About having driven for a while before you're getting your license, I had the same deal. I drove for a number of years before I had mine and can look back and honestly say it was a stupid idea. I even used to drive myself to drivers ed. I'm blessed I was never pulled over/rear ended.

I know what its like to be a gear head, but I would HONESTLY suggest another car. My G wasn't my first car. Grab something a bit cheaper to buy/maintain/mod.

Work on perfecting your skills, take a few classes with the extra cash. Any number of mods will make you faster, but only marginally. With some extra classes/track time, you'll be safer and much faster.

Hopefully you'll find a sweet car that makes you happy, and then step up into a nicer car in a year or two.

Goodluck bro!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Hell where im from people around 15 and up are drinking and driving the hell out of there cars! and they dont have cheap *** civics or anything like that... im talking about hummers, muscle cars, lifted 350's, parents really spoil there kids over here.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
buy my g35 and do what you want with it.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
lol dream car

Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 AM
you sound like a spoiled brat

Old 10-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Thank you for all the positive feed back (and negative) you guys have really helped, and I figure I'm going to get something reliable, and just save up for a project car (after I've paid off whatever car I plan on getting, that is) I was surprized at all of the feed back I've gotten. Ya'll have been a real help. but I still can't figure out what I want; I want an Evo IIX and lightly modify it.. but then again I'll have to pay out my a$$. but again, thanks guys, you're all awesome.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by RB-X GT2
Nope, I took out a parent loan, I'm going to have to pay back every cent back, and I pay for gas and 9 months of insurance (per year). Plus I've been working in a family owned business for a few years, so this is the fruit of my hard work, (this summer I worked every day for 13 hours a day MINIMUM WAGE)
and I've been driving (cough cough) for a few years and I can say that I'm a pretty okay driver. and for now I'm going to keep whatever G I get stock, but I just wanted to see what I could do the car. Think of it as a very slow but steady build.
you guys are awesome! ;D and thank you for the help, guys!
I'm in a similar situation, minus the loan part. However, I'm going to wait until I'm at least eighteen until I get my G. Good luck and stay safe.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Evos have to have one of the highest insurance cost for teenagers. Even though theyre AWD they are addicting to mod and push them hard because thats what theyre made to do. Many of my friends including me crashed our cars. One kid totaled his evo viii that he spent over 12k in mods into, gone and now his insurance will be close to 700 a month if he got another evo or sports car. Another crashed his mkv GTI and another totaled his srt-4, rsx-s, gli, another gti. I can go on and on about kids in my town hooking up there cars and racing and totaling or hurting someone with them.

I have a G and crashed it last december and almost killed me and a friend when driving recklessly with cold ****ty tires. I'm telling you, you will crash almost any of those cars you've listed. M3? forget that. seeing as your in the south I don't think your going to see snow and ice like I do. I'm not saying NO you can't get one, just trying to inform you on what could happen. Yeah it's not a race car but it's RWD and is definitely dangerous in the wrong hands. Just be careful

Old 10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
you and your friends need to relax lol

idk i think young kids shouldnt have fast cars or even remotely fast cars.. i used to drive like a dumbass but my cars were slow so nothing happened to me..lol, if you have a car that gets you up to 120 in like 15 seconds and you give it to a 17 year old you are are gonna get a twisted hunk of metal and a vegtable back

Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Everyone seems to think every teenager is GOING to crash their first car.. I have plenty of teenager friends and myself(19) who have not crashed their first cars. But it all does depend on what kind of person the driver is. Is he smart and can he resist peer pressure? When its an open road and his friends say "hit it" will he do it or will he say "na man, I just like to cruise" or something like that. Every person is different and can make his or her own choices. Your friend isnt taking his foot across the center console and mashing on the gas pedal for you(I hope not). Its YOUR decision and its YOUR life.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
well kids with no self control need slow unfun cars...lol

Old 11-01-2009, 03:36 PM
i hope you die in an accident if your parents are buying you a G for your first car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm dead-set on my G