Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I've decided..g35x, but I need some help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've decided..g35x, but I need some help!

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for a new(used) car.
I've been torn between TL Type-S, 335, G35/7, and wrx/sti.
I just sold my Acura TSX and ended up having WAY too many problems. I sold it with 37,000 miles and the car had more problems than my 90,000 mile Caddy!
For that reason, I decided to stay away from Acura this time around. It seems the Honda/Acura reliability is starting to wear down.
The 335 is an AMAZING car, but I've read about too many issues with them.
The WRX/STI is next to impossible to find one that has not been beat on less than Rihanna.
However, they do seem to be very reliable cars.

Finally comes the G. My friend just bought a used '08 G35x and I really enjoyed driving it.
It didn't feel as "tight" as a type-s and didn't have the features standard, but the car felt good.

Also, it's much easier finding a good condition/good price G than any of the cars mentioned earlier.

Now, my question is what are the common problems of the 07/08 G35x? I've read about some tranny issues, but those seemed to have been corrected by an ECU update.
Other than that, I haven't read of too many problems with these years.

Also, are there any mechanical differences between an 07/08?
I know the Ipod integration is different, and there are some other little features that are different, but are there any major differences that one should get an '08 vs an '07?

I've tried searching this forum for these questions along with googling without much info.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I get excited when it's time to buy a new car!

Cheers,
Henry

Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
There are no differences between 07-08 model sedans. The only other car on your list I would even consider would be the 07-08 TL-S.

Also NOT on your list is the Acura TL SH-AWD. Find one of those in a 6 speed manual and enjoy the grin on your face for a long time to come.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by PAIXAO
There are no differences between 07-08 model sedans. The only other car on your list I would even consider would be the 07-08 TL-S.

Also NOT on your list is the Acura TL SH-AWD. Find one of those in a 6 speed manual and enjoy the grin on your face for a long time to come.
Yes the tl-sh awd does seem like a great car, but it looks disgusting to me.
I wish I could have the sh-awd in the 3rd gen body style. Quite frankly, I'm over FWD.
I really want an AWD this time around, and the G seems to meet all my needs.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Henry Hong
Yes the tl-sh awd does seem like a great car, but it looks disgusting to me.
I wish I could have the sh-awd in the 3rd gen body style. Quite frankly, I'm over FWD.
I really want an AWD this time around, and the G seems to meet all my needs.

Yeah, that looks totally disgusting

Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm glad you agree.
And this is what I'm talking about..almost any car can be made to look nice.
I wouldn't buy a car i thought ugly..would you?

Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
It's all about personal preference. Personally, I would buy the TL only if I planned on modifying it. I do agree that in OEM form it is hideous but it is so much more fun to drive than any G35x or G37x I have ever been behind the wheel of.

However, since the 07-08 g35x is your choice, I cant overall say that it is a bad one. You have made a well educated decision and the G35x isn't a bad car to own. The only difference is that you may be able to find a 2008 with some warranty available and I would highly recommend the Elite Extended Warranty offered by Infiniti. It should take care of any hiccups that may come along the way.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 03-11-2013 at 03:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.