Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Looking to buy this '06 G35

Old 06-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy this '06 G35

Hey all, I'm looking to buy this 2006 Infiniti G35 Base:

http://www.germainhondaofbeavercreek...0e7ea47bcb.htm

Car Fax is clean and the first test drive was good. The car is really clean inside and out and drives well. This will be my first car that I've purchased on my own, and I want to know if it is a good deal or not. Also, I'd like to know if there are any problems that I should be concerned about before buying it? I will take it to a mechanic to have it looked at before I buy it, but I'd like to know of any common issues that I may run into down the road.

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
cars in good shape. id go for it

The following users liked this post:
Jacob Vaflor (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like a solid car and a fair price.

It looks like someone has painted the front calipers, so look for other aftermarket modifications. That's not really an issue if they were done properly, but just keep an eye out.

That's a pre-05 spoiler, so it was probably added at some point. Look for damage to bolt heads that attached fenders, hood, trunk lid, etc... They are painted after assembly at the factory, so if the paint is messed up, someone has had them off at some point (probably to fix an un-reported wreck).

Aside from basic things anyone should check when buying any used car(Google this, there are checklists available to print off and have with you.), there are a few G35 specific things to look for:

Driver's side seat left bolster wears out on these cars pretty commonly. It looks like yours hasn't or was repaired. Either way, it's nice to see a used coupe that doesn't have that bolster tearing up.

3rd brake light is another problem area. The OEM part to fix this is pretty expensive, so it's good leverage if it's messed up. There are aftermarket boards out there that are much cheaper and last much longer. Easy to fix yourself. I missed this when I bought my coupe.

Window motors are junk on these cars. Make sure yours go AUTO up and down without any problems. There is a "no-pinch" feature for the auto-up that malfunctions and causes your window to roll up and then back down a couple inches.

OEM headunits also suck. Take a CD with you to see if yours still works. This is an expensive part, so be sure to check this. If it's messed up, just plan on going aftermarket. OEM is $$$ and it will just fail again. My car had it's headunit replaced not long before I bought it, but the CD player had already gone out before I bought it.

Make sure the gas tank needle goes all the way to full when filled up. I don't have experience with this one, but from what I've ready it's sometimes a pain to nail down exactly what is causing the issue.

The following users liked this post:
Jacob Vaflor (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I will be taking another test drive after work today, so I will look for those problems and report back after the test drive.

One thing I did notice from the first test drive, is that the tiptronic shifting seemed delayed. I would upshift and there would be a moderate delay. Is this a common problem? Or is it because it has been sitting on the lot for 2 weeks? Also, the acceleration seemed slow for a car with 280 hp... Again, maybe because it hasn't been driven for some time/gas is old?