Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Buy or pass? (2004 G35 104k mi)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy or pass? (2004 G35 104k mi)

Took this G35x for a test drive today, drove nice. I noticed a chirping of what I assume to be the belt at idle, brakes were a bit soft and need to be replaced, and the airbag light was blinking but that’s all that I could find that I can complain about mechanically. The car fax is clean of accidents and looks good, although matinence looks to be undocumented. It fits my budget perfectly, but I want it to last at least a few years. What do you guys think?

https://cargur.us/kby9L

Thanks

Last edited by Tek5x; 01-07-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I would get that airbag code checked at the dealer. Otherwise nbd.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:51 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Take it to the dealership like Urban said, who knows what that code is for and it may have had an airbag deployment and the cosmetic damage was repaired. The dealership will perform an inspection for a reasonable price.

If maintenance was undocumented you should assume it hasn't been maintained and will need a complete fluid flush (transmission, rear axle, brakes, power steering, coolant, engine oil was likely done already since people do LOOK at that when buying a vehicle) so factor that into the actual "cost" of the vehicle as well as fixing the SRS system, brakes/rotors, replacing worn shocks, tires, etc. Have the dealership inspect the rear differential bushing for wear since it's a common point of failure.

Make sure you press EVERY. SINGLE. BUTTON. in the vehicle to make sure everything works, I noticed in the photos that the passenger side heated seat switch is turned on, check to see if it's actually working.

Look under the vehicle with a flashlight for damage as well, any obvious wrinkling I would immediately pass and look for a different vehicle, the dealership inspection will be able to get a better look at the bottom though since they will have it on a lift.